System Rebuild - NT8 File Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Rebuild - NT8 File Locations

Where would the NT8 custom scripts, workspaces, templates, etc be located so that I can get things back to where they were before starting this process.

Thanks

Can you go into further detail about what you're referring to when you say "before starting this process."? What exactly does this mean? What are we trying to correct by copying the files from one location to another?

To answer your question directly, these files are located in the following locations on your PC:
    • Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > 'bin' folder
    • Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > 'workspaces' folder
    • Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > 'templates' folder
    • Documents > NinjaTrader 8 is the general folder where things are stored that you would consider 'your' NinjaTrader
    I would also recommend checking out the built in backup and restore feature:

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

I did an upgrade to Windows 10 and eventually ended up doing a clean install. Needless to say all of my NT settings, scripts that I wrote, etc. got trashed. Fortunately I have backups of my HD. I reinstalled NT8 and would like to take the backup info and copy it to the new install. Where do I look and where do I copy the files? Hope that is clear.

D

Comment

Please clarify - you have 'backups' created following the process in the link in my first post? Or you just manually backed up the files somewhere? The answer to this will change the process drastically.

Comment

I use a program called Acronis True Image to manage my nightly backups of my entire system.

Comment

Then I imagine you would find the files in Documents > NinjaTrader 8 within your Acronis backup software. I have no knowledge of how to navigate or retreive files from Acronis so if you're unsure of how to find those files I would suggest reaching out to Acronis support.

If you have the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder in that backup location, you could just copy that folder to your current Documents folder location and then install NinjaTrader from our website. This should bring up all of your NinjaTrader files as you remember them.

As an aside, Acronis is known to cause some severe symptoms if NinjaTrader is not added to it's exceptions list. I would also recommend contacting Acronis support to discuss this so that the Acronis software does not generally interfere with NinjaTrader's operations.

Comment

I found everything in the Acronis Backup and recovered the files and folders. I'll follow you instructions.

Thanks for the heads-up on Acronis. I'll look into that and do what you suggest.

Have a good weekend,

D

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post chbruno
              by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM