Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error "Not enough excess margin" (sim account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error "Not enough excess margin" (sim account.

I have read everything I can find on this. On and off this site. I have tried every variation of numbers in the "risk" and "account"section. I have reset the account (and rebooted NT8) many many times. Can someone please give me the most basic setting (they don't need to be realistic), so I can just test my strategy. I can get into a trade but this error comes up every time and cancels my target/stop orders...

Note: I have a event that will close my positions if event turns "true". I have a stop order event (all of this built in NT*SB) as well. When I delet the stop order and just use the other exiting event, everything works fine. That is, my target stop limit order does not get cancelled. Nor do I get the "margin" error I have mentioned. Having two exiting conditions (where one is a stop order configured through the last tab in the SB) must be the problem right?

Comment

Hello White Fork,

Thanks for your post.

Margin would be affected by open positions and placing additional orders may also have a margin limit. For more specifics to set exact margins for your needs and to factor in the position sizing for your strategy, I would suggest talking to your broker to get the most accurate information on margins and what you would be able to trade.

You should be able to set a large Initial Cash Value you should be able to test your strategy logic without factoring margin.

Could you confirm that you are hitting this issue after you have set a very large Initial Cash value for the account and reset the account to apply that value?

1. Accounts tab > Sim101 > Right Click > Edit Account > Set Initial Cash Value to 1000000 and click reset in the lower right hand corner.
      2. After resetting the account please apply a new instance of your strategy against the Sim101 account and test for issues.

If you are still encountering issues after taking these steps please repeat the steps to edit and reset the account while also setting the Risk template to none. If adding this step resolves the issue, you may check the the Risk template itself to see the set margins so you can refactor your position sizing.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM