• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Questions About Purchasing NT8 Lifetime License

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions About Purchasing NT8 Lifetime License

1. Do I have to have and fund an account to purchase the lifetime license? (I plan on using NinjaTrader Brokerage in the future when I fund my account)

2. Do I get to see more than one day worth of historical data when I purchase the lifetime license? (With free NT8 all I can view is one day of historical data on the chart via playback)

3. If I do get to see more than one day worth of data, how far back in time can i view? And do I have to pay any kind of data fees?

4. Do I get LIVE data when I purchase a lifetime license? (Without funding my account)

5. Can I practice on this live data?

Hello Johnny Santiago,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.
    1. Most traders will have a funded brokerage account before purchasing a lifetime license key. The lifetime license will allow you to execute live trades from NinjaTrader to your brokerage account.
    2. If you purchase a lifetime license key to trade with NinjaTrader Brokerage, the Playback connection within NinjaTrader 8 will load additional data to backfill the chart.
    3. The historical data server for NinjaTrader Continuum connections will provide about 1 year of historical tick data and 5 years of historical minute data for major futures contracts.
    4. By itself, the lifetime license key will not include a market data connection. Connecting to a live funded brokerage account will provide real-time data into the NinjaTrader platform.
    5. Yes, you can always use the NinjaTrader platform for simulated trading, even after you fund a live trading account. Connecting to a live trading account will provide live data into the NinjaTrader platform. Then you can place simulated trades by selecting the Sim101 account.
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TraderCAD, Today, 04:27 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post TraderCAD  
    Started by DavidHP, Today, 04:11 PM
    0 responses
    1 view