Questions About Purchasing NT8 Lifetime License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions About Purchasing NT8 Lifetime License

1. Do I have to have and fund an account to purchase the lifetime license? (I plan on using NinjaTrader Brokerage in the future when I fund my account)

2. Do I get to see more than one day worth of historical data when I purchase the lifetime license? (With free NT8 all I can view is one day of historical data on the chart via playback)

3. If I do get to see more than one day worth of data, how far back in time can i view? And do I have to pay any kind of data fees?

4. Do I get LIVE data when I purchase a lifetime license? (Without funding my account)

5. Can I practice on this live data?

Hello Johnny Santiago,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.
    1. Most traders will have a funded brokerage account before purchasing a lifetime license key. The lifetime license will allow you to execute live trades from NinjaTrader to your brokerage account.
    2. If you purchase a lifetime license key to trade with NinjaTrader Brokerage, the Playback connection within NinjaTrader 8 will load additional data to backfill the chart.
    3. The historical data server for NinjaTrader Continuum connections will provide about 1 year of historical tick data and 5 years of historical minute data for major futures contracts.
    4. By itself, the lifetime license key will not include a market data connection. Connecting to a live funded brokerage account will provide real-time data into the NinjaTrader platform.
    5. Yes, you can always use the NinjaTrader platform for simulated trading, even after you fund a live trading account. Connecting to a live trading account will provide live data into the NinjaTrader platform. Then you can place simulated trades by selecting the Sim101 account.
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I have a live brokerage account and when I contacted support as I wasn't getting live data, they said I had to pay for data? So I'm confused?

Comment

Hello Jclrk279,

To receive data in NinjaTrader you will need to connect to an account with a supported broker or data provider that is subscribed to the data.

You can manage your data subscriptions on your account by contacting your broker.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
        1 response
        0 likes