Problems in the 30-min chart data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems in the 30-min chart data

Hi. I have a problem with the bar data on 14 -15 Nov, 2018 of CL 04-19. When the chart is a Linebreak Chart, the bars are plotted correctly all the way to the session end but when I switch to a 30-min chart, there are missing bars as can be seen from the charts. I have a Rithmic connection and I tried everything including loading and reloading historical data, deleting the cache, minute, day and tick folders in db, and repairing the database all without success. What is the cause of this and how can it be fixed?
    Attached Files

I do not detect any gaps in minute CL data when I connect with a Rithmic-based connection on my end. We'll need more information to find out why you're experiencing this symptom:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)
    • What does 'loading and reloading data' mean exactly? Did you right-click on your chart's and select 'reload all historical data?
    • What is your merge policy? To check, go to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Marker Data
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Hi PatrickG
      • The version number is 8.0.17.2 64-bit
      • By loading, I mean Tools -> Historical Data -> Load for the selected time range and by reloading, I mean selecting "Reload all historical data"
      • Merge Policy is "Merge back adjusted"
      • There was no error on screen and the errors in the Log tab aren't related (concerning one of my custom indicators on a different chart)

Comment

The problem seems to be isolated to minute data specifically, however, I can't replicate any missing data on my end. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2085779 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

I have done as you have requested. Please look into it and see if there is anything you can do to fix it.

Comment

Update from our emails on this issue:

We discovered that the root issue on your end was some form of corruption of a file or files in your 'db' folder. My suspicion is the NinjaTrader.sdf file (the database file). We decided to just remove the entire db folder and use a fresh copy. The symptom was no longer occurring after these steps.

When we deleted your db folder, which contains things like historical data, market replay data, historical trade executions etc., it was over 11gb in size. This is incredibly large. To put this in perspective, I would expect this entire folder to be about 20mb in size when you first install NinjaTrader. I wonder if the sheer size of the folder may have been the root issue. Perhaps all of the historical data from your NinjaTrader 7 installation was migrated into your NinjaTrader 8 installation when you first installed NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post VFI26
            by VFI26

Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            1 response
            0 likes