commission template not working on Sim101 account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commission template not working on Sim101 account

I'm not getting commissions to work on my Sim101 account. They work fine in my live trading account.

I'm using the same commission template (applied by right-clicking on the Account # in the Accounts tab).

Anything special I need to do for Sim trading?

You've mentioned the correct way to apply a commissions template in NinjaTrader 8:
    • Navigate to the Control Center -> Accounts tab
    • Right click on an account and select 'Edit Account...'
    • On the 'Commission' row, select the name of the custom template you created in the pull-down menu
    • Click 'OK
    What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Commissions will not apply retroactively. Were trades to the Sim101 account made after applying a commission template to the Sim101 account?

Comment

NT8 v.8.0.17.1 64-bit

yes, i've learned they are not retroactive, so wasn't expecting that. i've had this particular commission template linked to the Sim101 account for quite some time, and it never seems to apply.

Comment

Where within NinjaTrader are you looking for the commission to apply? The order entry window you're using? The Trade Performance window?

Did you apply one of the built in commission templates? Or did you configure a custom commissions template?

What instrument are you trading in sim101?

Comment

Patrick - I missed something in my original issue report. Thee commissions are correctly deducted on the Trade performance window for my Sim101 account. However, on the SuperDOM PNL (lower part of DOM), the commission is not deducted.

I believe this is working as designed because that is the same behavior I see when trading live.

Is it possible to have commissions show correctly as a factor in PNL in the DOM?

Comment

Yes, that is working as designed. When live trading, the unrealized PnL values you see is not calculated locally but is provided by your broker through your connection. Whether or not this value includes commission is controlled by the underlying connection technology. A detailed table about what is expected can be found in this link:

Our most popular connection technology is CQG, so the sim101 account was designed to closely mimic that. Unfortunately there is no way to force commission into the unrealized PnL or realized PnL.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader  
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post frankthearm