Metadata files location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metadata files location

I wrote a custom indicator and it worked. I did some SSD and HDD work and move a lot of stuff around. I reinstalled NT8 and recompiled the indicator. I now get error messages referencing Metadata files that could not be found - "Metadata file 'F:\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\Infralution.Localization.Wpf.dll' could not be found" -. I know this is because of the locations of files and folders that I changed. Can someone please tell me where these Metadata references are located so that I can fix them to reflect the new location vs the Old which the NinjaScript appears to be referencing? Hope this is clear and thanks in advance.

D

Never mind, I fixed things.

Comment

I have this problem. Can someone post how I update Ninja to look at the correct drive. I just installed both 7 and 8 and both are looking at the wrong drive.

Comment

Hello Murray,

Thank you for posting.

This is not possible. While you may Install NinjaTrader 7 or 8 in any File Directory, NinjaTrader will always look for default Documents directory as set by your PC. You will need to change your Documents directory to another drive via your PC in order to accomplish this.

I look forward to resolving your future inquiries.
        Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well something in Ninja has gone wrong then. My default Documents directory is on D drive. There is no documents directory on C drive. Ninja installed the required files in the Documents directory on D Drive but the references in the program all appear to be to C Drive. I won't be rebuilding an entire computer for Ninja. There has to be a way to correct Ninja so that it references where it installed the files. Every other application seems to address the Documents folder on D Drive by default.
          Last edited by Murray; 04-16-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Hello Murray,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Sergey' as well as "TICKET # 2087785.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
            Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes