Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Has Workspace handling been greatly enhanced in recent updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Workspace handling been greatly enhanced in recent updates?

This is a question and acknowledgement to the developers:

It seems to me that the latest Ninjatrader updates can handle more Workspaces with more Windows and Tabs in them than previous versions. Is that the case?

I usually have about 16 Workspaces, 15 of them dedicated to individual Futures Instruments like 6E, ES, GC, etc. One such workspace contains 6 Windows with 8 Tabs, 1 DOM and 1 Market Analyzer. In all, it is over 110+ Windows, and 140+ Tabs, 16 DOMs and 15 Market Analyzers.
    The last time I tried this, which was at least 6 months ago, Ninja 8 could not handle this many Workspaces. After loading about 11 or 12, it started to respond increasing slowly, until it took about 30 minutes just to load the next Workspace, so it was unviable and I had to decide to still had to keep postponing fully switching my trading from Ninja 7 to 8, and was hoping this issue would be handled at some point. I have a Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz with 8 cores, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB NVMe SSD system drive, and NVidia GTX 1060 6GB GPU, so it is a good computer, but still, this was the case.

But now what I see just today is that Ninja can load all the Workspaces I am using, and relatively fast (8.0.17.2 64-bit) at that.
    So the only thing I can conclude is that the developers have been improving the code for the last many months and it shows in its performance.

So I just want to thank the developers and applaud their efforts. I love Ninjatrader 8 to death, but so far I was still using Ninja 7 for the above reasons. Now I can fully switch to Ninja 8 and enjoy all the great features it has that Ninja 7 did not have.

So, thank you again to the developers, and keep improving the software's performance, it can never be fast enough!!!

Hello laszlonagy,

Thank you for your note and positive feedback.

There were several improvements released in the latest update to NinjaTrader 8, some improving overall performance related items. You can review the items in greater detail at the link I've provided below: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. Please keep up the general speed improvements!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18