Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader 8 lack of windows integration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 lack of windows integration.

I am amazed that NinjaTrader 8, a professional trading platform, still miss the integration of multiple timeframes like all trading platform are doing.
    Just tell me why this feature, a basic feature, is still missing?

I know this can't be done for me, I don't know if there are traders wich work with more than 6 windows opened for the same pair or different pairs, but really, this is a basic feature, something wich derive from ORDER, from grouping , something wich have to do with NORMALITY.

The photo speak by himself.

I really think that you would like this to be implemented but programmers doesn;'t know how to do. Or, at least, this require much work and you consider it is not worth.

As it is looking now, it look as a random trading platform, cheap and unserious. I swear. 2 years passed from when I was complaining that, several updates and no change. I can't find any word to describe such abnormality. It's a basic feature wich exist in all trading platform but not in NinjaTrader!
    Last edited by slightly; 02-25-2019, 03:59 AM.

Not only is very annoying but is very slowly while switching timeframes/instruments and that even if I have a quad core processor and 8 GB RAM. At least, implement the option to include all subsequent windows inside the main window or to detach all subsequent windows from the main windows. AT LEAST!
    Last edited by slightly; 02-25-2019, 04:00 AM.

Comment

There is a windows feature which allows you to minimize all and restore all windows. From your Windows task bar, hover over the NinjaTrader icon then SHIFT+Right-click. You will see these options available to you. Additionally, linking windows together so they can be minimized/restored as one as part of a NinjaTrader functionality (instead of relying on Windows) is a feature request that is currently being tracked (SFT-1278). I'll add your vote. Additionally, you can think of multiple workspaces as all doing what you desire to a certain extent. To learn more about workspaces, check out the links below:What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X) Your symptom of longer than expected loading times is likely completely unrelated and would have to do with your PC's performance and your NinjaTrader workspace complexity. Does the issue persist if you reduce the total amount of windows loaded? I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-28-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

You can add tabs to you charting window.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          There is a windows feature which allows you to minimize all and restore all windows. From your Windows task bar, hover over the NinjaTrader icon then SHIFT+Right-click. You will see these options available to you. Additionally, linking windows together so they can be minimized/restored as one as part of a NinjaTrader functionality (instead of relying on Windows) is a feature request that is currently being tracked. I'll add your vote. Additionally, you can think of multiple workspaces as all doing what you desire to a certain extent. To learn more about workspaces, check out the links below:What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X) Your symptom of longer than expected loading times is likely completely unrelated and would have to do with your PC's performance and your NinjaTrader workspace complexity. Does the issue persist if you reduce the total amount of windows loaded? I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:

I use latest version of NinjaTrader 8. The issue is reducing greatly if I have one window loaded, indeed. I work with 10 windows opened all at once while I'm switching through 2-3 workspaces to scan the market on all currencies. As you can see in the screenshot below, I have 3 workspaces opened each of 10 windows. If I open another workspace, the delay will increase even more. The fifth workspace can freeze my PC. So I need close some of the workspaces to open others.

Actually I'm using workspaces in windows 10 and working with multiple windows of NinjaTrader 8 is frustrating because, let say on Workspace 2 I have opened NT8, when I switch from Workspace 2 to Workspace 1 some of the NinjaTrader8 windows dissapear from Workspace 2 but appear in WorkSpace 1. That's very frustrating , especially when switching Workspaces in NT8 and while it's loading, i quickly switch to windows Workspace 1.After the NT8 workspace is loaded, some of the windows appear in Workspace 1 so I need to take one by one from Workspace 1 and move back in Workspace 2. That's another reason why all NT8 windows shall be binded to workspace and have a single main window.

Comment

Windows appearing in workspaces that they're not saved in is not expected. First, let's make sure we're talking about the same thing here.

Are you reporting that windows move to a different monitor when switching workspaces? For example, in Workspace A, you have a chart on monitor 1. You switch to workspace B which has a chart on monitor 2. You then switch back to Workspace A and the chart has moved to monitor 3?

Or are you reporting that a chart which should only exist in workspace A suddenly becomes present in Workspace B (and is now missing from workspace A)?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post

Or are you reporting that a chart which should only exist in workspace A suddenly becomes present in Workspace B (and is now missing from workspace A)?
              That I am reporting. But it happen only when I switch Windows Workspaces and only when a new Ninjatrader workspace is loading. After the loading of Ninjatrader workspace, there is no problem if I switch Windows Workspaces.

For example I am on Windows Workspace 2 with Ninjatrader 8 platform opened and NinjaTrader 8 workspace A loaded. Now I switch to NinjaTrader 8 workspace B. it will take time until will be loaded. While is loading I switch to Windows Workspace 1. When the NinjaTrader 8 workspace B, on Windows Workspace 2 , is loaded, then few windows of NinjaTrader 8 appear in Windows Workspace 1. They shouldn't appear from WW 2 to WW1.
              Last edited by slightly; 02-25-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

What does "Windows workspace" mean? Are you referring to the Windows Task View feature which allows you to have multiple desktops?

Comment

Yes, you're right

Comment

NinjaTrader does not currently support using multiple Windows desktops. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3859. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-28-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason