Sluggish NT8 Since Update to V17.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sluggish NT8 Since Update to V17.2

My system is markedly sluggish since the update.

it SEEMS related to charts in crude oil [CL], although i'm not certain of that.

there's distinct difference, however, in the stamina before/after the update.......

Any ideas of general well-being?

i've uninstalled and reinstalled the following:
    NT8
    Gomi [3d party vendor]

this seems to have helped tremendously.

............in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Comment

Agree, NT8.0.17.2 is also very sluggish compared to previous version on ES, NQ, CL and YM that I follow, especially on 1 min charts of only 3-days of data. I am about to uninstall the 17.2 version.

Comment

thanks for head up guys, I guess I will skip this one.

Comment

If any of you are experiencing performance issues that seem to be unique to the newest version of NinjaTrader, we're always very interested in troubleshooting those symptoms. Not all NinjaTrader 8.0.17.2 users are reporting this symptom, so we would need more specific information about your PC/NinjaTrader setup to resolve the issue you're reporting.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
          • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
          • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2088979 ATTN PatrickG
          • Also, include a link to this forum post

Comment

sent just now

Comment

was there any change to crosshairs in this latest version - i have noticed in last week since monitoring and testing that this version is definitely
              more sluggish and have reduced number of charts and tabs and removed some indicators and still sluggish.

obviously it is not going to be revealed what in the underlying has changed but you should inform development that it is noted and im surprised more have not commented on this unless is in separate threads.

Way back there was alot of complaints on the crosshair performance and im not even talking about global but local but it is very poor compared with last few versions - so something has changed and i realise not all gets mentioned or described in the release notes

any input you can share that is not strictly 'internal' would be appreciated - and trace files and log files how nothing before you request me to send them

Comment

Changes made to NinjaTrader are listed in the release notes for each version. There was one change to crosshairs in 8.0.17.0:

13397 - "There was no visual cue on the Global Cross Hair which would indicate which chart the mouse cursor was hovering over"

I wouldn't expect this change to affect performance in any meaningful way as it was a minor change.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse