Entry limit order triggers OCO order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry limit order triggers OCO order

Forgive me for asking such a basic question, but I've searched extensively and cannot find a definite answer anywhere. What I want to do is place an entry limit order (say long) below the market price and, once that order is filled, have it trigger an OCO order containing a profit-taking limit order and a stop-loss. I'm familiar with the ATM functionality and have various ATM strategies established. And I can easily see how, when placing a trade from the chart trader window, you can select any of the buttons ("buy mkt," "buy bid," etc.) and have that trigger whatever ATM strategy you've selected. But, unless I'm missing something obvious, I do not see in the chart trader window an option to place a limit entry order at some specified price below the market and have THAT order trigger my OCO ATM exit strategy. I can place the limit entry order directly on the chart, but how I do know which, if any, ATM strategy it will trigger once it's filled? I can also right-click in the chart trader and select "OCO," with the result that any orders I place with the green "OCO" light on will cancel each other once any of them are filled. But that won't work for my purposes; if my entry-limit order along with my profit-taking limit and stop-loss orders are all placed with the OCO option selected, the filling of the entry order will presumably cancel the OCO exit order as soon as it's filled. The final option I currently see would be to simply place the entry-limit order on the chart and also place a set of OCO exit orders, but that doesn't work since any part of the OCO order can potentially get filled even if my initial entry order does NOT get filled. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. To confirm, ATM Strategies' stop and targets are linked with OCO automatically. Because of this, when the short limit order is filled, no action will be needed to link the submitted stop/target.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post samish18  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
    0 responses