Saving drawing objects when changing instument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving drawing objects when changing instument

For e.g. I did plot a vertical line on the chart and want to change the instument, but I want to keep the line.

Is it possible? If not, could you implement this feature as an option?

Hello Botan626,

Thank you for your note.

It is currently possible to use a Global Drawing Object by setting Attach to Attach to All in the Line object properties window but this will only attach the line to all charts of that same instrument. It is not currently possible to have the line drawn on all charts regardless of instrument without custom programming of some sort.

I have submitted a feature request to our development team on your behalf.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I didn't mean plotting line on all charts.

I said saving line when changing symbol on the current chart.

Did you understand me correctly?

Comment

Hello Botan626,

Thank you for the reply.

I may have misunderstood your inquiry, you want the line to be saved and to appear on the current chart with the new symbol? This is not currently possible in the platform. You currently cannot have the drawing object remain applied on the chart when a different instrument is loaded on it.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Yes, that's what I meant.

So, is it still ok to implement this as a new feature?
          Last edited by Botan626; 02-27-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I am curious how this would be implemented in your mind. Let's say, for example, I've drawn a horizontal line on an ES 03-19 chart. The price at this exact moment for ES 03-19 is 2785, so I draw that horizontal line at 2787. I then switch my chart to CL 04-19. The current price is 56.68. Where would this horizontal line go?

Comment

It just won't be visible.

But I said in the 1st post, as an option, another setting if the user wants to keep an object.

Let's say I have GBPAUD chart and placed a vertical line at a given date/time. I change the symbol to GBPCAD and I still want to see that line.
              Last edited by Botan626; 02-27-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Btw, Auto scale setting for Price line indicator. If set to false, the indi won't try to place the horizontal line on the chart if the user will scroll it to the moment when price was way bigger or smaller.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-415. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

If you turn auto-scale off, then you're telling your chart to ignore where the price line indicator is regarding the current view of your chart. This is expected.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-28-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I meant that re auto scale. The line is there, but just not visible at the moment.

Thanks for submitting my request!

Comment

There is another issue.

If I save a template with that vertical line for 1 instrument and will try to load it for another instrument, Nt8 won't show that vertical line. How to make it happen?

Comment

This is expected and there is no work-around. We've already submitted a feature request for this. You'll find this in the releases notes if/when it's implemented into the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                          This is expected and there is no work-around. We've already submitted a feature request for this. You'll find this in the releases notes if/when it's implemented into the platform.

I accidentally made my last post in the wrong topic. Strange it was duplicated. I will delete this post if you will delete your last one.

Comment

You said if implemented.

There is a chanve it on't be implemented at all, even though my feature requets received a tracking number?

Comment

If you're wanting to discuss the possibility of having drawing objects save to chart templates so that they will apply to a different instrument, then this is the correct topic. The other topic you were posting on was unrelated to this issue. I am purposefully moving your posts here to keep things organized.

If I have misunderstood your post, please elaborate on what this has to do with trading hours templates we were discussing in your other '12 hour chart' thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post manitshah915  
                              Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ursavent