Missing Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Lines

So today, all my charts are missing the horizontal lines I always keep on them for yesterdays HLOC - today, for some unknown reason.. all gone!

Always a surprise around the corner when using NT8

While we are on the subject - is there a tool/indicator that will automatically draw me yesterdays HLOC so I don't have to manually adjust them on all my charts every morning?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

What was the process that occurred on your PC between the time the lines were there, and when they were not? Did you shut down NinjaTrader and then they were missing on the next restart? Please provide further detail.

Are you able to reproduce the issue? For example, if you draw horizontal lines and then try to create the issue, does it occur again? What steps do you think would cause the issue in this test?

There is an indicator named 'Prior Day OHLC' that should accomplish what you're after.

Comment

8.0.17.2.64-bit

I removed the two extraneous workspaces that always kept being there since my workspace crashed and I had to do a restore before and then also saved a NEW workspace, so effectively and for some unknown reason, every time I opened Ninjatrader I always had 3 workspaces open.

I got sick of them beign there so removed the two I didn't want, then closed ninjatrader.

On re-opening, all my horizontal lines (yet no other indicators) were all missing from every chart.

Comment

Right, did a search for "Prior Day OHLC" in ecosystem and user apps and nothing came up in either.

Where exactly do we find these user created indicators?

Comment

OK, found it's one of your own.

Testing it out - getting different levels (see attached images)

1. My own observations
          2. Your indicator
          3. Google search
          Attached Files

Comment

So now checking the OHLC on SPY from yesterday - the only one that seems correct is the High.

See attached imges for Open, Low and Close that don't look correct

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
              Right, did a search for "Prior Day OHLC" in ecosystem and user apps and nothing came up in either.

Where exactly do we find these user created indicators?
              This Prior Day OHLC is based on the session open and close times. Here is an example on the ES 60m chart. Notice the 'open' line of today matches the open of yesterday. I've also made the trading hours break line a pink color to make it very obvious where sessions begin and end:

To control what 'session' your Prior Day OHLC calculates on, you can adjust the 'Trading hours' property of your chart's data series. I have no idea what 'session' another platform or website would be using to calculate the prior OHLC. We can only comment on how NinjaTrader is calculating it.

Also, in the future, please make sure to start a new topic when you have questions that aren't related to your original inquiry. This helps keep the forum organized by topic.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              13 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post frankthearm