Add options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add options

it will be good if you will add these things as user choseable options(in settings or somewhere) and imitate some Notepad++ (widely used) functions:

1) in IDE, i want to display all overloads, not just one (and thus, clicking 10 times to see other overload):

so, there instead of (1 of 9) we want to be displayed all of those 9 overload lines (yes, please rely it on us).

2) I almost all times, use additional step in script developemtn. I copy code from IDE to my text editor (like Notepad++), work there, then paste the code back to IDE and F5.

I dont work in NT IDE ever, because it lacks many things.

when any word is highlighted in Notepad ++, then all other occurences of that word is also highlightet. CRITICALLY ESSENTIAL FEATURE WE LIKE!

3) It bad, that you cant modify/change anything in IDE, while there is open a dialog in other window (i.e. on chart, there is "Indicator's setting" dialog open or any dialogs over platform). That blocks us from editing things in IDE. I think, that IDE should be independent window, like our text-editors.

4) I think, that IDE should have a different icon at all:

(you can even use Special Chars in front of word "NinjaTrader Editor", like this:
    "∰ NinjaTrader Editor"

that easily hints us that it's a code/formula editor window.

5) any hope that the line that causes error, will be ever shown in Output log? not just method name, where the error happens, but also line name (and even variable name).
    PHP can show all errors excellently, and why C# cant do that? I've seen somewhere that this is doable. Just your devs are not going to do that? It saves hundreds of coder's hours. We are manually doing "print" commands on all lines until we find the problematic line...why ever this cant be easily handled, as NT error showed the line itself, where the error happens.

6) when we select word in IDE, and click CTRL+F, that word should be inputed automatically in search field. (all of IDEs do that).

7) if clicking CTRL+D duplicated line .

8) if on this forum, there was ability to check the topic as SOLVED.
    Last edited by ttodua; 01-29-2018, 08:25 AM.

Hello TazoTodua,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am forwarding these to our development. Once I have tracking IDs for these requests I will forward these for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello TazoTodua,

I have received tracking IDs for your requests.

Your request for Intelliview to show all overloads at the same time is being tracked with ID #SFT-2997.

Your request to highlight identical text when text is manually highlighted is being tracked with ID #SFT-1350.

Your request for modal windows to not steal focus from the NinjaScript window is being tracked with ID #SFT-2290.

Your request for a gear icon for the NinjaScript Editor window on the Windows taskbar is being tracked with ID #SFT-2999.

Your request to show line numbers for runtime errors in the log / output window is being tracked with ID #SFT-1209.

Your request where highlighting a word in the NinjaScript Editor and then pressing Ctrl+F inserts highlighted text in search file is being tracked with ID #SFT-3000.

Your request for a Hot Key to duplicate selected line or selected text is being tracked with ID #SFT-1266.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when any request will be implemented.

Thank you for your suggestions. Please let me know of any other requests you have for the NinjaTrader Platform.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
      0 responses
      1 view