Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

There was an error sending your message: The server committed a protocol violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an error sending your message: The server committed a protocol violation

Hi Ninjas!

Please help me with e-mail setup (on Gmail) -- I have followed the instructions from this forum (see link below message)

yet I am still getting the error in the subject -- which probably means SSL / TLS issue?

I have heard that I also (may?) need to open/set ports on my firewall/router ... any help with that?

If someone got it working -- did you have to set your Gmail Security settings as non-default (less secure login options)? If so which...?

Thank you!

So glad I am not alone in this!!!
    Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested

Ok, to answer my own question (partially) -- in my case the test e-mail login was blocked by Google -- in the email account I used for the setup I got:
    Critical security alert

Inbox x
    Google 10:38 AM (11 minutes ago)
    Sign-in attempt was blocked [email protected] Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account from a non-Google app. Google blocked the
    Going into (Gmail account) "Security" settings - and enabling "Less Secure App Access" fixed the issue and allowed NT8 to login into my Gmail and send the e-mail.

Less secure app access

Your account is vulnerable because you allow apps and devices that use less secure sign-in technology to access your account
    On
    ... but I wish NT8 had it's own SMTP server (only for sending) in order to avoid issues like this.... I don't feel great providing my Google account password in clear-text ....

Follow up question to NT8 support:

Does the platform send the password in clear-text to google's server?

Comment

Hello momchi,

No, passwords are not sent with clear text. This uses the google authentication scheme and uses SSL.

Below is a link to a forum post where I have discussed a application specific password is typically necessary with google (and yahoo).
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...546#post792546
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rocketman7  
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses