• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to bypass NT8 risk controls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to bypass NT8 risk controls?

Hi guys, first time poster here, but I have a serious problem with NT8.

I'm using NT8 to trade intracommodity spreads. Some markets are denominated in a currency that isn't supported by NT8 (BTC).
    Because of this the values in the accounts tab are incorrect which sometimes leads to a negative cash value.

Apparently NT8 uses the accounts cash value to determine weither new positions can be opened or not. This leads to a huge fk up especially when it comes to spreads, because this PoS software prevents me from completing the spread due to "lack" of minimum cash value in the account.

I only want NT8 to care about my orders. I don't want it to babysit my risk.

HOW CAN I TURN THIS FEATURE OF?

I tried to play around with the "Risk" settings, but no help. Negative cash value is negative cash value and even when I use 1ct margins/contract, it won't let me open a new position if cash value is negative.

Please help. I'm losing it with this god damn frontend.
    Last edited by herrzitrone; 03-03-2019, 09:40 AM.

I have the same issue when i trading CFD like EURUSD with FXCM

Comment

Hello,

Thank you both for the note.

For the simulation account, you must have a positive cash balance to place any trades. Live accounts do not respect any platform risk settings, as this is all handled by your broker.

I would advise setting the cash value of the sim account to a higher value in order to maintain a high enough cash balance to prevent any unwanted order rejections.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
      Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, Ryan, at least thank you for the reply.

What are we supposed to do when we trade live but with a direct connection?

This means we have no broker to handle risk controls, the live account is permanently on 0,00$ buying power because the currency is not supported, thus the cash value depends on unrealized P/L.

-> open loss, even just one cent -> no trading possible -> platform useless.

Honestly, this is a joke. I actually liked NT8 because of it's architecture and simplicity, but that's useless if I cannot use it to trade.

Comment

Hello herrzitrone,
          Thanks for the note.

To clarify, is this occurring on your live account or the sim account? If a live account, what broker are you connected to?

Also, what instrument is this occurring with? Can you reproduce this on the sim account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I'm using NT8 with a custom plugin which connects me directly to an exchange, so as I already stated, I cannot write and complain to a broker cause I have none.

The instrument in question is a BTCUSD futures which I spread against Comex futures. BTC is not supported as a currency, thus NT8 does not convert my accounts cash value into USD.

I'm trading live with this and I cannot reproduce it on a sim account because the sim account is always funded with 100k $. All is fine as long as the futures leg is green and the BTC cash leg is the losing one. Vice versa and the platform wont allow trades.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to investigate further how this behavior is occurring. Please send us an email by going to Help>Email Support from the control center, and link this forum thread in the body of the email. Also if possible, please provide any additional info about the custom add-on you have.

Thanks in advance-

Comment

Ryan, thanks for your help and your time.

I tried to write this eMail you requested and when I pressed send, NT crashed on me. I think that was a hint.

No more NT for me, 4 months of wrestling with this thing until it does what I wanted and then I stumble over such a minor issue. I hire a programmer to code a custom solution for me....probably should have done that in the first place.

Bye

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jecoyeko, Today, 12:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jecoyeko  
                Started by Newtrader101, Yesterday, 06:31 PM
                1 response
                0 likes