Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to instrument properties for 6E

Hello,
    When I started NT8 on Saturday I was prompted to click a button to update the instrument properties for the 6E, otherwise the chart would not load. After the update, when 0.00005 ticksize is selected, instead of displaying price to the last half tick, I am seeing prices such as 1.13718 and 1.13682. Can someone please explain what has changed? I have looked at the CME website where it is quoting both 0.00005 and 0.00001 - is this the reason?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To confirm, was the message regarding swithing to the current 03-19 contract? Testing on my end, not seeing a difference compared to historical prices in NinjaTrader and reporting from the CME. See the publicly available link below:

Find information for Euro FX Futures EUR/USD Quotes provided by CME Group. View Quotes

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

We look forward to assisting further.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EricB,
      Thanks for your response. The message was not about switching to the 03-19 contract, as I was already using that contract. The message was that the 6E properties instrument needed to be updated before I could get any further data. I clicked OK, and after it updated I opened the workspace. The minimum pip setting had changed from my usual 0.0001 setting to 0.00005, but instead of displaying prices to the nearest half pip, it was showing prices to the nearest one-tenth of a pip. The largest move on the chart for the previous day (Friday) was shown as 112. When I reset to my usual 0.0001 minimum pip setting the largest move was shown as 56 pips (which is correct), and prices were correct to the nearest pip.

I am using NT8.0.16.3 and was connected to Continuum.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y