Daily bars do not reflect the selected trading hours of the instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily bars do not reflect the selected trading hours of the instrument

When I open more than one chart, each having nothing but daily bars of a Globex instrument such as YM or NQ, the OHLC candles on all the charts are identical regardless of the different trading hours templates chosen with the data series for each chart.

There is a Session Iterator in the days bar type.. why is the bar type ignoring the start and end times of the user selected trading hours?

The data feed is AMP/CQG.

??????

The OHLC values would be expected to be those of the session associated with that trading hours template. Daily bars of CME US Index Futures RTH should not be the same as those of ETH. YES I CHECKED THAT THE TEMPLATES ARE CORRECT and do not need a refresher course on how to use basic features of Ninjatrader, thank you.

Where are these displayed values coming from" A 24/7 session??????
    Last edited by Ricam; 01-29-2018, 03:24 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you using NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8? Also, can I confirm this occurs with daily charts?

If using NinjaTrader 7, daily charts use RTH data only.
    If using NinjaTrader 8, daily chart use ETH data only.

You can 'fool' NinjaTrader by loading a 1440 minute chart instead, which will change the way data is displayed based on what session template you are using.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using Ninjatrader 8 and the way this works makes no sense. However 1440 minute charts do seem to respect the session templates.

If I add a daily series to an indicator using the AddDataSeries signature that takes a trading hours parameter, will that series also ignore the selected trading hours?
      Last edited by Ricam; 01-29-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Hello,

This is correct, indicators on daily data series will use the ETH template in NinjaTrader 8.

To have an indicator use a different session template, you would need to add a hidden data series such as a 1440m chart, then set the indicator to that data series.

I've linked below on how to add a hidden data series:
        Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data series, overlay it onto another...

(Note that this video is for NT7, but the process is the same in both platforms.)

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

I already know how to add a hidden data series. That was not what I asked.

There are too many responses here where the question answered is not the question that was asked and the answer given is something that is so obvious that it is not even worth mentioning.

Please re read the question. The Ninjascript AddDataSeries method is not the same as adding a hidden data series to a chart.

I still cannot understand for the life of me why it makes any sense for the days bartype to ignore the trading hours selected. Do you?
          Last edited by Ricam; 01-29-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Hello,

This would carry over to the AddDataSeries function, where daily data would display ETH data, however a 1440 minute series could change it's trading hours template through the AddDataSeries function .

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

I strongly urge you to refer this matter to Development since this behavior makes no sense and should be corrected.
              Last edited by Ricam; 01-30-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I have added a vote to a current feature request under the ID SFT-1062.

This was changed in NinjaTrader 8 due to a high volume of requests from user though, so I'm unsure of if/when a change might be implemented.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

@Ricam:
                  I had the same issue, so I modified Daily, Weekly, Monthly bars to show "real" RTH-Data from intraday minutes-based bars. Please check whether the solution in the following thread might help you:

I use'em every day for my trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                  Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes