Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer

How do you set up a condition to reference data point in column instead of a fixed value? Example: I would like to highlight a cell if last price is greater than X moving average. Or if one moving average is greater than another.

Is that possible? If so, could you provide me a link to view how to do that?

Thank you

Hello Angus7,

Thanks for your post.

Those type condition would need to be evaluated by an indicator and then the indicator can be applied to the market analyzer via the indicator column. The indicator would need to provide an output that would allow it to work across all rows of the market analyzer. For example, if last price is greater than x moving average, then the indicator could output a +1 value, if less than the moving average it could output a -1 and if the same at the moving average then a 0. The same with the other condition you mentioned. By using the +1, 0, -1 as the indicator output, the indicator can be used on any instrument and the market analyzer cell conditions can easily be set.

The easiest way to use an indicator output is to have the indicator plot the +1, 0, -1 values, as the plot can be directly read by the market analyzers indicator column.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are there any links you can send me on how to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Angus7,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a link to a thread where I previously assisted with someone who wanted to add a condition to show when price crossed a Bollinger band, to the Market analyzer: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...762#post453762

Comment

Paul,

I found an indicator that I think may work. It was developed by Ninja Trader_Paul. Wondering if that was you? Do you have any instructions on how to make this work in my market analyzer?

Much Thanks

Comment

Hello Angus7,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I did not develop the indicator but converted it from NT7.

You would use similar techniques as was shown in the video in the thread I referenced. You would need to determine what it is you wish to indicate. For example, a MACD crossing its' average, the DIFF changing color, MACD crossing its' average when both are above or below zero. MACD crossing zero, etc, etc.

Once you have your condition determined then you would want to make a copy of the indicator and add the logic conditions and add the transparent plot.

In your earlier examples, you mention moving average crossover condition, you may want to download and use the NT8 MACrossBuilder as this already contains a transparent plot specifically for the market analyzer and allows you to select from a number of moving average types: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=906

Comment

Sorry Paul. I'm feeling stupid. I already downloaded the MACrossBuilder & installed it in the market analyzer but all I'm getting is "..." regardless of the timeframe I select. I'm wondering what I"m missing or if there was instructions on how to turn it on.

I got it to work great on a chart but not in the market analyzer.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Angus7,

Thanks for your reply.

Prior to me posting to use that, I checked the MACrossbuilder and found an error when added to the market analyzer (Check your "Log" tab and you will see the errors), I've corrected the error and re-uploaded as v1.05, so please download again and it will work in the market analyzer.

Comment

Thanks Paul. Can you send me the link to download? I can't seem to find version 1.05

Comment

Hello Angus7,

Thanks for your reply.

It is the same link as what you will find in post #6. It will download the latest version I've uploaded.

Comment

Market Analyzer

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I hope I am doing it correctly. Question:

Is there a way for me to add an Indicator Condition in Market Analyzer that would change the background color of my box for a HMA Crossover?

Example:
                      I have a HMA 200 and a HMA 10. I want to know when the HMA10 crosses above or below the HMA200.

Can this be done in Market Analyzer?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello whale,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

Assuming your question is on the NinjaTrader8 Market analyzer then yes you have posted correctly!

No, to accomplish your goal you would have to create a custom indicator that determines the crossover condition and then provides an output to the market analyzer that can then set the market analyzer cell color based on the output from the indicator.

The good news is that if you do not wish to create your own, you can certainly use the same indicator I've referenced in post #6, you can select both HMAs and set their periods. When connected to the market analyzer you would select the "CrossDetect" plot and it will provide +1 when crossabove, -1 when crossbelow or 0 when no cross.

Comment

Thank you! This is the exact information I needed! I will go with you explanation of Post #6 since I have zero brain cells left to learn coding, I will focus on trading!

Comment

Hello members,

I have tried and tried and tried but still failed to achieve +1 and -1 in market analyzer with v1.05, cross detect only returns 0.00000 no matter how I adjust the indicator inputs.

May someone please guide me on how to setup the indicator in NT8 market analyzer

Comment

Hello ramos04,

Thanks for your post.

The market analyzer column will show 0 when there is no cross detected. It will only show +1 or -1 when a cross is determined and it will only stay +1 or -1 for the duration of the bar where the cross was detected, so having zeros is very common most of the time. You may want to set cell conditions so that when 0 it shows the word flat and when +1 shows crossabove or -1 shows crossbelow. Using colors will also help show changed conditions.

To configure the MACrossBuilder in the Market Analyzer, make sure that for the row "Plot" that you select "CrossDetect".

I've attached an example from this morning that I captured from the market analyzer and a linked chart that shows a cross down and a -1 showing in the analyzer. Both the chart and the market analyzer were using 1 minute data.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses