X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozefex
    replied
    Originally posted by DukuGrinder View Post
    look for x:Key="BackgroundCaptionBar" in BluePrint.xaml and change the GradientStop Color numbers for the one you like. Google WPF colors in Hex Code for the coding. Good luck
    DukuGrinder,

Thankyou! That's exactly what I needed.

I found the following & changed the second entry for the Slate Dark skin to change the window caption bar to a mid-blue color as a first attempt:

<!-- Gradient for window caption bar background -->
    <LinearGradientBrush x:Key="BackgroundCaptionBar" StartPoint="0.5,-.45" EndPoint="0.5,1" po:Freeze="true">
    <LinearGradientBrush.GradientStops>
    <GradientStop Color="#FF262626" Offset="0"/>
    <GradientStop Color="#0066FF" Offset="1"/>
    </LinearGradientBrush.GradientStops>
    </LinearGradientBrush>

Works great.

I just don't understand why a color highlight isn't standard.

Leave a comment:

• DukuGrinder
    replied
    look for x:Key="BackgroundCaptionBar" in BluePrint.xaml and change the GradientStop Color numbers for the one you like. Google WPF colors in Hex Code for the coding. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_DrewO
    replied
    Ozefex,

Thanks for replying.

While we don't create custom skins for users as a service, I'm happy to answer any questions you have during the process of creating a skin. I'm also happy to leave this thread open for other users to leave their input on the topic.

I am also including a link going over XAML files such as these publicly available on Microsoft's website:

Leave a comment:

• Ozefex
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
    Ozefex,

Thanks for posting.

There would be several options available in the BluePrint.xaml file that could have an effect on making things easier to see in the platform, including Text highlight colors and drop shadow effects throughout the platform. However, I'm not certain if there would be an option available for window focus exactly as you had mentioned. A window can always be clicked on with your mouse to gain focus.

I have included a link going over editing skins:

If after editing your custom skin to your liking you would like to see any further functionality beyond what's currently available, feel free to respond here with any feature requests.
    Drew O, Thanks for your reply.

I have previously looked at the Support document referenced in your link, but it doesn't give any information about how to edit the files - you either need to be a programmer (which I'm not) or just randomly change things.

I know you can click on a window to bring it into focus, the issue is that it is not readily apparent that it IS in focus because there is no obvious highlight to distinguish that window from any other.

NT7 windows function like any other standard "Microsoft Windows" window (and highlight colors can be changed). It seems like 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards at times.

I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this is an issue.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_DrewO
    replied
    Ozefex,

Thanks for posting.

There would be several options available in the BluePrint.xaml file that could have an effect on making things easier to see in the platform, including Text highlight colors and drop shadow effects throughout the platform. However, I'm not certain if there would be an option available for window focus exactly as you had mentioned. A window can always be clicked on with your mouse to gain focus.

I have included a link going over editing skins:

If after editing your custom skin to your liking you would like to see any further functionality beyond what's currently available, feel free to respond here with any feature requests.

Leave a comment:

• Ozefex
    started a topic Current Window Focus Highlight - NT8

Current Window Focus Highlight - NT8

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

It is currently very difficult to see which window has focus as only the Minimise, Maximise * Close buttons for the window are highlighted. For most skins, there is no visible change in the window border / frame (although the "Dark" and "Light" skins have a very slight 3D effect on the active window border).

Is it possible to edit a skin file to make the focus window more prominent or is there another way to do this?

Critical if you want to use order entry hot keys that work on the active / in focus window.

NT8 does not respond to standard MS Windows schemes that can be used to do the same thing on every other Windows application.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post jaybedreamin  
Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post DJ888
by DJ888