Direc Market Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direc Market Access

Hello, Ive read on forums about some brokers providing Direct Market Access. Couldnt find much info on it. Can you please explain the concept, I thought all orders go to Globex and if not what happens to order submitted through NT and Dorman, how does it differ from DMA
    Last edited by Venom; 03-06-2019, 08:50 AM.

Hello Venom,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader Brokerage uses CQG/Continuum to provide market access for futures trading. Continuum routes the orders that you place from your installation of NinjaTrader directly to the exchanges, based on the available margin in your trading account. This gives you a seamless trading interface, with orders delivered from your PC to the exchange in a matter of milliseconds. Your orders are then filled based on the availability of contracts at the exchange. Globex is simply the electronic exchange for the CME Group.

Here is an article that I found on Investopedia for Direct Market Access. It looks like DMA refers to the ability of a brokerage firm or market maker to execute orders directly to the exchange. As I discussed, NinjaTrader Brokerage (clearing through Dorman Trading) uses Continuum as a direct order routing technology:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I also read that article, and it says that most retail investors do not have direct market access. So is my connection through NT/CQG direct market access or not, if not, what is the difference. I believe it is not, from what I read. As I read it costs a lot, but I'm not certain, so wanted to understand this concept. As I said not much on the web

Comment

Hello Venom,

I have already provided the information that I have regarding market access with Continuum through NinjaTrader Brokerage. I would suggest comparing this information to your own research regarding DMA to ensure that this solution meets your unique needs as an investor.

Comment

So you dont know if its DMA or not?

Comment

Hello Venom,

Continuum uses order routing technology from CQG. CQG's website states that their technology is Direct Market Access.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post nandhumca  
            Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post The_Sec