Adding Instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Instrument

I'm a new user and have been working with NT8 for a couple of days now. I have a Kinetick subscription for data. When I try to add the NASDAQ Tick index JTQT.Z to my instrument list I get the message "The master instrument field can only contain letters, digits and underscores." Is there a way to enter this symbol without using a period? Thanks.

Hello Max,
    Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

You will not need to use the entire symbol mapping for that index. Upon looking inside the NinjaTrader Instrument window it looks like you can simply enter "TICKQ" for the NASDAQ Tick Index. You can find the Instrument window from your Control Center>>Tools>>Instruments

Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see that a NASDAQ Tick symbol is already in the Master Instrument List. I'm wondering if this symbol will provide the same data set as Kinetick's JTQT.Z. Kinetick has a long list of "Market Metrics" symbols that all contain a period in the name. How would I add any of those symbols to my Instruments List since they all have a period in the symbol? I now also see that the symbol TICKQ has the symbol JTQT.Z in the symbol map box for Kinetick. So, if I wanted to add a symbol with a period would I give the instrument an arbitrary name and then put the correct symbol name in the Kinetick symbol map box for that instrument?
      Last edited by Max Baxter; 03-07-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Max,

That is the same symbol. You can confirm by opening up the Instrument window and viewing(editing) the instrument. Please review the help guide document in my previous post for more information on how to work with instruments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-07_1108.png
Views:	309
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1050636
        Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I guess I edited my previous post after you replied. The help guide is vague about not needing to use a symbol as an instrument name and equally vague about what a symbol map is. If you're interested, I believe the instrument descriptions for TICKQ and TICKDJ are inaccurate. The symbols in the symbol map boxes are for the Net Tick not Cumulative tick. The two are very different. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Actually, the NT8 help guide is much better at covering Intrument editing. I've been looking at the NT7 help guide most often since that is the version I first installed

Comment

Hello I don't have any data for ^TICKDJ on my chart. I do have ^TICK, ^TICKQ, ^TRIN. Is the DJ an add on cost? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by derdon View Post
                Hello I don't have any data for ^TICKDJ on my chart. I do have ^TICK, ^TICKQ, ^TRIN. Is the DJ an add on cost? Thanks
                I receive data for ^TICKQ, ^SP500NETTICK and ^TICKDJ daily. I export the data to Excel but I'm also able to create charts. I have the Kinetick $65 per month base fee service.

Comment

derdon , please contact your data provider directly to confirm your data subscriptions and what, if anything, would be needed to receive the index data you desire.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin