X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version of NT (8.0.17.2 64-bit ) Crashing

Hi,

Has anyone run into the following...

I have attempted to do some work using the new version of NT. I have updated the instrument list for the rollover today. I pull up my work space and an existing chart on that workspace. I click the chart to add an indicator and NT crashes. There is no information in the trace files or in the log report. Frustrating. I wonder if this is somehow related to the rollover as I was using this version of NT for the past week or more and I have had no problems whatsoever until today..

Hello Zeos6,

Thanks for your post.

If the platform is crashing when opening the Indicator's menu, I may suspect a custom indicator is hitting an issue, possibly in State.SetDefaults when the indicators are listed in the Indicators window.

I may suggest to first test in Safe Mode. This should rule out if the issue is related to custom scripts or another kind of issue. Safe mode can be started by holding the Ctrl key while starting NinjaTrader 8. Safe Mode will prevent custom scripts and workspaces from loading.

If Safe Mode works fine, I may then suggest to sequentially set custom indicators to be excluded from compilation in the NinjaScript Editor and then to test opening the Indicator's dialog window to see if the issue is hit. Once the issue is no longer seen, please include the script in compilation once more and test to confirm that it is causing the issue. The script should then be removed or corrected to fix the issue.

Please let me know the results of these tests and if we need to take more troubleshooting steps.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim. Appreciate the suggestions. I think it may be an issue with bubbling events. Will check it out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post helpwanted  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo