See through charts when starting NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See through charts when starting NinjaTrader

When I start up NT I am several of my charts are see through. What ever my screen background is (currently just black) will just show through. None of the tabs that should be there load. It happens on all monitors. One NT tech thought it might be cause by Microsoft OneDrive but I have disabled it and still have the problem. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?
    Attached Files

If you've been working with someone via email on our end, I would suggest that you continue the conversation there so we have an accurate record of the troubleshooting which has already occurred. Do you recall the name of the technician, the date, or the ticket number for this issue?

We don't have enough information, nor can we gather accurate information from your log/trace files, on the forums.

We most typically see this symptom in older versions of NinjaTrader 8 or as a result of Windows or your graphics drivers being out-of-date. First, please check that Windows has all important updates installed and that you have the latest non-beta graphics drivers installed. If you're unsure how to perform these steps, please contact your PC manufacturer or an IT professional.

Comment

I thought by posting in the forum other Ninja Trader users could see the post. I am trying to find someone who has had a similar problem and been able to solve it. So far I have had no success with Ninja Trader support. I find it very hard to believe that I am the only person in the world with this problem. That just does not happen in tech.

Comment

I am sorry you feel that way about our support. It is our only goal to ensure that your NinjaTrader is working as expected. You're not the only person to ever experience this symptom, however, not all users experience this symptom, therefore, we need to find out what is causing this symptom on your end.

Did you check for Windows/graphics driver updates?

Does the issue occur in safe mode? Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces.
        • Connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies.
        • Getting instrument updates from the server.
        To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Exit NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once in safe mode, open a chart and test for the issue.

Alternatively, send an email to PlatformSupport[AT}NinjaTrader[DOT]com with 2099126 ATTN Patrick G in the subject so I may assist you more precisely. I am the Platform Support Team Lead, so I am very much interested in hearing more about your experience with my colleagues and also resolving your platform issue.

Comment

Everything is updated.
          I've never had a problem when trying that in SafeMode. My workspace does not open in Safe Mode though and I am not building, saving and reopening workspace in safe mode.
          I will send you an email now and attach the trace and log files.

Comment

Everything is updated.
            I've never had a problem when trying that in SafeMode. My workspace does not open in Safe Mode though and I am not building, saving and reopening workspace in safe mode.
            I will send you an email now and attach the trace and log files.

In terms of your colleagues, the last fellow that tried to help was pretty good. I believe he was to first to connect remotely and the first to suggest that it might be OneDrive causing the problem. The others all just said they could not create the issue on their end so there was nothing they could do. I paid a lot of money to use Ninja Trader and that certainly was not the response I was was looking for.

Talk to you soon.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes