Horizontal Line that shows price data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Line that shows price data

I am fairly new to NT8 and I'm trying to determine how to get a horizontal line that shows me the price level where that line is drawn.

This is simple is all the other charting packages I have used. You select the tool, draw a line, and it either shows you the price level automatically or gives you and option to turn price data on/off for that line. Then, as you move the line up/down, you see the new price level that correlates to the position of the line. Unless I am missing something, the line drawing tool in NT8 does not seem to include this common feature.

I did find an "add on" that does this but is only shows 2 decimal places which is useless for currency futures and other contracts that have prices data in multiple digits to the right of the decimal.

Is there another solution without having to look at the data box and manually add that data using a text box every time you draw or move a line on the chart?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. You are correct regarding the line value in the axis, this would require a custom item.

Below is a link to the indicator sharing section of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem, I would suggest looking through there for what you're looking for. I did attempt to find an options to accomplish this but was unsuccessful.

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you are a programmer, our NinjaScript team may provide you links to samples which would help you write the indicator yourself, or I can have someone reach out with a list of third parties that would be interested in building this for you.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

has there been a solution to this issue yet? It s kinda annoying, to always doubleclick a horizontal line for knowing the exact price it was drawn, especially in bigger timeframes...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

This isn't necessarily 'fixed' but there is a free addon publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
        Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
        • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That works! Thank you Melissa!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM