Indicator with custom Renko bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator with custom Renko bars

Does anyone have an indicator which uses a custom Renko bar type in a higher time frame? I don't believe a HTF custom bar can be added in NT 8. The choice seem to be for only the standard bars furnished by NinjaTrader. Someone please prove otherwise.

Hello baumer,

Thank you for your note.

You may find success in finding an item that can accomplish something similar via our User App Share page.

User App Share: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thanks ChrisSch for your response, The reason I asked if anyone had developed an indicator using a custom Renko bar type was not to obtain an indicator necessarily, but to prove the fact that a custom Renko bar can be called in developing a new indicator. I can not find a way or reason to believe that this can be accomplished. It appears in NT 8 if you are not calling a built in bar type then you are out of luck. I would like verification that a custom Renko bar type can be placed in code and not just the built - in bar types that are furnished with the NT 8. Thanks

Comment

Hello baumer,

Thank you for the post.

We have a comment about this subject in the AddDataSeries page however it does not specifically note renko bars, only custom bars types. Because renko bars use extra options, you need to use the AddDataSeries syntax in these use cases when it is not specifically the standard Renko bars.

From the help guide:
        You can specify optional BarsPeriod values (such as Value2) of a custom BarsType in the BarsPeriod object initializer. For example: AddDataSeries(new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType)14, Value = 10, Value2 = 20 });

You would need to locate the ID for the bars type as well, if you are unsure on the ID you can use the following tool from this publically available link: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...pe-identifier/

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes