adding horizontal lines and other drawing tools for new contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding horizontal lines and other drawing tools for new contract

hello, i recall i wrote about this before or someone did. we are in a rollover situation with ES now - i had several horizontal lines and levels on this and other ES charts
    After updating the chart instrument those lines disappear.
    i was informed those drawing objects are attached to the instrument on the chart and you would review this structure

This must be an issue for many users to lose drawing objects whenever a rollover happens and on CL once a month ?

Surely there must be a way or option to attach the drawing object to the chart only and not the instrument?

This is very annoying and actually non-intuitive - under the covers you should be able to manage this situation and update any drawing objects to the new contract without users having to manually add back

thanks

Hello explorer101,

Thank you for your post.

I just rolled over my ES chart and my horizontal lines remained on the chart. Do you have a link to the forum thread or remember the name of the tech you were working with on this?

Please ensure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (Help>About). If you are not on version 8.0.17.2, please update by running the installer from this link:

I look forward to assisting further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, i just had a chance to check this over - i can confirm i am and was running the latest version - even though nothing has changed with regard to rollover
      Here is an extract from the help 8 on rollover ... Rollover of Drawing Objects

To rollover your drawing objects you can complete either a batch rollover or a manual rollover. Closing your chart and opening a new chart would result in the drawing objects being lost.

When rolling over, your drawing objects will be kept at the same price level they were originally placed. I

i can confirm i did a manual rollover using the instrument selector at the top left of the tab and i did not close chart at all prior
      And the horizontal lines i had were gone. i though it may have been related to doing a manual rollover vs a batch but your notes above clearly state that drawing objects will be preserved or rather should be preserved for both.

thanks

Comment

Hello explorer101,

Thank you for your reply.

If your workspace that is running now was saved between the draw objects being deleted, the draw objects are non-recoverable from that instance of the workspace. Please try restoring your workspace from a previous version. From the Control Center, go to Tools> Database Management> expand "Restore Workspace"> Select a workspace file from the past.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes