Blanket Risk Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanket Risk Template

I'm planning on using one of the Sim accounts to test some stuff out on stocks. However, for simulated executions to be completed and positions to be taken, I believe a risk template covering that specific instrument needs to be defined.

Is there a way to apply a blanket risk settings for all stocks (or everything of an instrument type) as opposed to setting them up one by one which could be a pretty tedious process?

Thanks!

Currently. it is not possible to configure more than one instrument at a time when editing a risk template. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3882. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-18-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

please add my vote for feature requested by wuileng

Comment

Please add my vote

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader,

Do you know when this will be corrected? This is a feature bug that basically renders NT8 useless for simulated trading of stocks because it's not feasible to have to manually add a risk entry for every stock one wants to trade. Stock traders that make numerous trades per day often need to trade a new stock on the fly. There's often not enough time to have to go back and set up a risk entry before you can enter an order for the stock.

Comment

maltese , you can edit commission templates per instrument type:The specific behavior here wanting to be added was the ability to add/edit multiple individual instruments while leaving other specific instruments unaffected. If that is the behavior you require then that feature has not yet been implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              maltese , you can edit commission templates per instrument type:The specific behavior here wanting to be added was the ability to add/edit multiple individual instruments while leaving other specific instruments unaffected. If that is the behavior you require then that feature has not yet been implemented.
              My understanding is that it was the "Risk" template and not the Commissions template that was being referred to. I've noticed that when a Risk template has not been setup for a specific stock then any simulated orders on that stock will get kicked-out with an error message similar to "Order 'c7ffaec9152041a29ad0396ef85c3296' can't be submitted: No risk settings defined for this instrument....". I could be wrong and maybe it's an issue with my particular NT8 instance. Anyway, I'll go through your customer support channel to resolve this issue.

Regards

Comment

maltese , thank for the correction - that is my mistake. The risk template window does not have the ability to apply globally to an instrument type like the Commission template does. What you're reporting is expected when a risk template is applied to an account but that template doesn't have a definition for the instrument you're trading.

I'll add your vote to SFT-3882.

Comment

I'd like to vote in favor, aye.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM