• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"Unable to connect to DB: Unspecified error"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unable to connect to DB: Unspecified error"

Everything has been working fine and then I shut down and restarted and now I am getting an "Unable to connect to DB: Unspecified error" message and I am not sure what to do. I am running the most recent version of Windows 10 and the most recent version of Ninja 8. Your assistance will be appreciated and thanks...

Does the issue persist if you restart your PC?

If so, does the issue persist if you rename your database file?
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
    If the issue persists after these two steps, please send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with "2102449" in the subject line and a link to this forum thread in the body. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to Documents > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by quinton77, Yesterday, 09:59 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB  
    Started by akuntysh, Today, 12:02 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes