Can alerts work for ALL tabbed charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can alerts work for ALL tabbed charts?

I currently have a workspace that has an Alerts Log Window and a Chart Window with 6 tabbed charts. My alerts appear real-time in the Alerts Log Wndow as expected but ONLY for the 'current/open' tab.

Is there anyway to have the alerts appear realtime in the Alerts Log Window for ALL 6 tabbed charts not just the open one. Thanks.

PS: The source of the alerts is Ninjascript.

Hello steve257,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to set the property IsSuspendedWhileInactive from the default of true to false. From the help guide, "Note: Since events in OnBarUpdate() will not be processed while the indicator is suspended, internal NinjaScript functions such as Alert(), PlaySound(), Share(), Print(), etc - or any other method that would be used to notify a user of activity will NOT be processed until the indicator is un-suspended."

Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...leinactive.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the prompt reply and clear instructions. It is now working as I wanted.

Steve

Comment

Hi All,

I see this is related to NinjaScript Alerts, but is it also possible to enable multiple tabs for standard configured Alerts placed on the chart directly?

Thanks

Comment

Hello mr_trade,

Thanks for your post.

In reference to chart alerts, I am not certain I follow what you are asking relative to " multiple tabs for standard configured Alerts ".

If you are asking if tabbed charts can each have their own chart alert(s) then yes.

If I have not addressed your question, please ask in a different way to clarify your question.

Comment

Thanks for reply.

ive added multiple chart alerts on multiple tabs but it seems if I don’t have the tab open and active the other signals from the other tabs don’t alert or sound or appear in the alert window. Do you know what I mean?

thankyou

Comment

Hello mr_trade,

Manually added chart alerts are not Ninjascript created alerts and the topic of this thread is related to Ninjascript alerts that are suspended when IsSuspendedWhileInactive is true.

Chart alerts are not suspended in any live data situation. If this is your concern/observation, please write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com, mark the e-mail Atten; Paul and include your log and trace files so we can review your current situation.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Skifree
              by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
              5 responses