Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Market Analyzer Code Check Previous Bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Market Analyzer Code Check Previous Bars?

Is it possible? How?

I have a pattern recognition that is determined by looking back 40 bars on the Daily time frame. I want this to show up on the Market Analyzer. Is there any way to check back on previous bars from a custom Market Analyzer column?

This is easy when creating strategies, because we can simply look back with onBarUpdate() and check the Highs and Lows of bars via High[n] and Low[n], but how about the Market Analyzer? I'm totally stuck!
    Last edited by MrDevDevy; 03-14-2019, 05:45 AM.

Hello MrDevDevy,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

To accomplish your goal you can create an indicator ("because we can simply look back with onBarUpdate() and check the Highs and Lows of bars via High[n] and Low[n],") to provide a signal to the market analyzer such as +1, 0 , or -1 and then add the indicator through the indicator column of the market analyzer. Using the known signal levels from the indicagtor you can then create the cell conditions to report what you wish to report.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello MrDevDevy,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

To accomplish your goal you can create an indicator ("because we can simply look back with onBarUpdate() and check the Highs and Lows of bars via High[n] and Low[n],") to provide a signal to the market analyzer such as +1, 0 , or -1 and then add the indicator through the indicator column of the market analyzer. Using the known signal levels from the indicagtor you can then create the cell conditions to report what you wish to report.
      I'm not sure I understand. When I create a column it only allows me to add custom Market Analyzer columns, there's no option to include custom Indicators or Strategies? So the only option would be to use Market Analyzer columns?

Comment

Hello MrDevDevy,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for not providing initial clarity. There already exists a market analyzer column called "Indicator". This allows you to add most any indicator to the market analyzer without needing to create a custom column and in the case of what you are trying to accomplish this would be the way to meet your needs.

After you have created the indicator that can provide the signal needed you would add it to the market analyzer by right mouse clicking on the market analyzer and selecting "Columns..." from the context menu. In the columns window, you then select "indicator" from the "available" columns and click "add" below the "Configured" panel. Once the "indicator column is added, you can then set the properties on the right side where you would first select the desired indicator to use from the dropdown selection in the field "indicator". You would also need to configure the data series you wish the indicator to run on and any other properties.

To further clarify, here is a link to a video where I modified an existing indicator by adding a transparent plot (for input to the Market analyzer without disrupting the normal output of the indicator) and used +1, 0, -1 for the signal level to use in the market analyzer. http://www.screencast.com/t/kXGDwBzzkD4Y
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's a nifty trick with the plots, got it, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH
            Hello MrDevDevy,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for not providing initial clarity. There already exists a market analyzer column called "Indicator". This allows you to add most any indicator to the market analyzer without needing to create a custom column and in the case of what you are trying to accomplish this would be the way to meet your needs.

After you have created the indicator that can provide the signal needed you would add it to the market analyzer by right mouse clicking on the market analyzer and selecting "Columns..." from the context menu. In the columns window, you then select "indicator" from the "available" columns and click "add" below the "Configured" panel. Once the "indicator column is added, you can then set the
            essay writer properties on the right side where you would first select the desired indicator to use from the dropdown selection in the field "indicator". You would also need to configure the data series you wish the indicator to run on and any other properties.

To further clarify, here is a link to a video where I modified an existing indicator by adding a transparent plot (for input to the Market analyzer without disrupting the normal output of the indicator) and used +1, 0, -1 for the signal level to use in the market analyzer.
            http://www.screencast.com/t/kXGDwBzzkD4Y
            Hello Paul,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've just followed all the steps and it worked. I've never been that good at plotting.
            Thank you once again.
            Last edited by BeeMirror; 07-31-2019, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby