NT8 Fails to recognise Windows 10 multi monitor taskbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Fails to recognise Windows 10 multi monitor taskbar

Ever since the early NT8 beta days I have experienced the problem where a maximized chart window overwrites the taskbar on the non primary monitors. I am running 5 monitors and on 4 of them NT8 doesn't maximize windows properly to allow for the fact there is a taskbar present. The issue not only occurs with the standard Win 10 multi monitor taskbar but also occurs with 3rd party programs such as Display Fusion. I initially reported this way back in the early beta days and still suffer from the same issue with the very latest NT8 release. NT8 is the only program on my PC where I experience this issue so there must be something unusual in the way windows are being handled. I have just upgraded the graphics cards in my PC but the problem remains. Surely someone else suffers from this problem? Is there a work around?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2104792 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FMtrader, u r not alone. Even though I don't find it to be a main issue, I observe the same thing as what you described.

Comment

timko,

I would also invite you to write in using Eric's above instructions for further investigation.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, will try to. as this is a minor issue to me, I will try to upgrade the device driver first.

Comment

Hi Drew and Eric,
            I have a 4 monitor setup and by now, I find the issue very irritating. I think u guys don't need a log for analysis as it's easy to duplicate. Just follow these steps:
            1. open 2 charts, both not maximized and put them on 2 different monitors (not the primary monitor)
            2. let the monitors to sleep according to the Windows setting and wake them up
            by now, you will find, in each of the charts, the content/graphics is shifted upwards by the height of the windows task bar. In order to bring back the normal, I have to maximize the chart window and restore to non-maximized again.
            If it matters, I am using the latest nvidia drivers and no cure. this has been the case from the very beginning of NT8. Pls take note that, after maximizing the chart window in any no-primary monitors will overlay the windows task bar on that specific monitor/desktop. I think this is what FMtrader has reported.
            If possible, pls fix it the soonest.
            many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
              Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2104792 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
              We look forward to assisting further.
              Eric I also have this issue. Were you able to resolve this issue for these users, in other words is it worth sending my files to you?

James 108

Comment

Thank you for your post.

It is likely these users wrote in and were assisted by one of our techs. Unfortunately the forum post thread on our end does not show if users write in, we advise referencing the ticket number when writing in so we can track the post. I would also invite you to write in with a brief description of what is occurring for further investigation.
                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
                  Thank you for your post.

It is likely these users wrote in and were assisted by one of our techs.
                  That is certainly not the case! When I first experienced this issue way back in the early beta phase I spent literally days if not weeks trying to get to the bottom of the problem. I sent a number of log and trace files and tracked the issue over numerous beta releases emailing support many many times. In the end I just gave up through sheer frustration because of the time it was costing me. I have no issue with spending a few hours trying to get to the bottom of the problem but don't enjoy spending weeks of my time. I subsequently hoped that somewhere along the way the problem might get fixed but it has remained an issue through every single beta release and every single full release. I thought that maybe there might be some weird Nvidia hardware or graphics driver issue but despite numerous graphics driver updates, win 10 upgrades/service packs and a recent graphics card update the problem remains today. Initially I was surprised that no one else was reporting the problem but as you can see above others are experiencing a similar or identical issue.
                  When I relaunched this topic after at least a two year hiatus I hoped that there would be some new information on NinjaTrader's side but was simply once again requested to supply log and trace files which I have done many times before without success. Has anyone at NinjaTrader actually tried to duplicate this issue on a non primary monitor of a multi monitor PC? I reported way back at the start of this issue that I am using multiple 1920 x 1200 monitors. I have experienced a number of strange chart window based issues since NT8 first came into existence and can only conclude that the design of NT8 chart windows deviate from the parameters used by other programs. None of the other programs on my PC produce windows that overwrite the taskbars on all of my non primary monitors.

Comment

So it sound like nothing has changed, I too have been experiencing this issue since the beta phase and was not able to get resolution, I think NT said it was a Windows thing in the way NT8 uses the new Windows tools.

To Ninja Trader is there any plan to actually fix this issue?

Comment

Hello,

Currently this is an ongoing feature request, for which I will add votes to on everyone's behalf. The tracking ID for this feature request is SFT-2294. You can use the link below to view the release notes for new releases of NT8 to see what has been implemented for past and future releases:

Thank you all for your feedback.
                      Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
                        Hello,

Currently this is an ongoing feature request, for which I will add votes to on everyone's behalf. The tracking ID for this feature request is SFT-2294. You can use the link below to view the release notes for new releases of NT8 to see what has been implemented for past and future releases:

Thank you all for your feedback.
                        Hello Ryan

Does your post above mean that NinjaTrader has accepted for some time that there is an incompatibility issue between NT8 and multi monitor task-bars?

Comment

Hello,

This is an ongoing feature request from May 2017. Feature requests are implemented based off user demand, ease of implementation, and its effect on other core NinjaTrader functions and designs. Feature requests are not guaranteed to be implemented, but they are tracked and monitored continuously by the development team.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

reporting experienced same - multi-monitors, taskbar issues in Win10 on non-primary monitor - twas ever thus. NVIDIA drivers, FWIW.
                            "
                            Currently this is an ongoing feature request,"
                            This is a 'feature' request? Really. To work as it should under Win10 is a 'Feature?..... Really?!

Comment

Hello,

I will add a vote on your behalf as well. 'Feature Request' is a term we use for tracking changes users ask for within the platform. This particular issue is caused by how NinjaTrader is built to work within Windows 10 and how it handles transparent windows on secondary monitors. It was decided by development that changing this would significantly change other core functions within the platform, and user demand was not high enough to implement this change. It's possible this could change if there is significant demand for this issue, but as stated there is never a guarantee.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes