Collapse

NT8 Fails to recognise Windows 10 multi monitor taskbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have this issue. When I maximize an NT8 window on a the other monitors with taskbars it will over lap the task bar. I have Windows 7 with DisplayFusion and UltraMon which both provide multi-monitor taskbars for Windows 7/8/10. Every application confirms to the desktop and taskbar settings without modification except for NT8. I believe it's because the NT8 windows are not actually Windows windows and therefore cannot be managed by Windows.

Comment

Just to add a 'me too', to this 'feature' request. In fact, window handling across the task bars with NT8, ever since it was in beta is a nightmare (IMO). Not to mention the fact that sometimes it starts all OK, other times (more often or not), you have to click on every damn window individually and change the focus to get the task bars to minimise. Try that every day across 6 monitors....

Comment

Hello,

Thank you both for your feedback.

I will add 2 more votes for your input to this request.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ryan,

Please add my vote for this feature - NinjaTrader 8 appears to be the only application that is affected in this manner !!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
            Hello,

I will add a vote on your behalf as well. 'Feature Request' is a term we use for tracking changes users ask for within the platform. This particular issue is caused by how NinjaTrader is built to work within Windows 10 and how it handles transparent windows on secondary monitors. It was decided by development that changing this would significantly change other core functions within the platform, and user demand was not high enough to implement this change. It's possible this could change if there is significant demand for this issue, but as stated there is never a guarantee.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
            Hello Ryan

I suggest you ask your development guys how they personally would handle using any program where an attempt to maximize a window causes a clash with the task bar on all non primary monitors. Then ask them what they would do if they had multiple charts in a large workspace where they couldn't access chart tabs because they are hidden under the task bar. What would their work around be?
            If they then chose to turn off the task bars on the non primary monitors their primary task bar would end up being overloaded with dozens of chart icons.

I use a third party taskbar program where I have set up my non primary task bars to offer unique options not available with the windows taskbar. This works perfectly with all windows programs with the single exception of NT8! We are talking about NT8 having proper windows 10 compatibility with this whole issue .... not some request for an esoteric improvement.

Comment

Hello,

Eric M. I have added a vote on your behalf.

We understand the frustration this is causing for some users, and the more votes added to this change only increases the chances of this being addressed by the development team. Currently it seems changing this would affect some main functionality issues with how NT operates on the primary monitor, which is why this is programmed the way it is.

However, if there is significant demand for this to be changed, the development team may try another option approach for this issue.

Thank you all again for your feedback.
              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If it's any help to your development team I found this article on how to deal with maximizing borderless windows.

Basically gets the current monitor the borderless window is on, gets the monitors work area without the task bar, then apply the template to the window.

Comment

Just to add, a possibly connected issue. For ever, occasionally, when you do maximise a window, all you get is the border maximise. The chart stays where it is and the border min/max buttons no longer work so your monitor space is broken. You _have to_ use the task bar to hover over the window, choose 'restore' to get the window back to it's usual size, then click maximise again - Normally works second go (in fact, I think always works second go). This happens on all windows, all work spaces, and has been like this for quite some time (as long as I can recall on NT8).

Clearly, there is a lot of work to do with regards to the windows and tasks bars etc., IMO, basic UI functionality/stability should come before all other 'enhancements'. Please urge the development/management teams to focus on a stable product first, rather than bells and whistles that tend to introduce more bugs...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
                    I use a third party taskbar program...... This works perfectly with all windows programs with the single exception of NT8! We are talking about NT8 having proper windows 10 compatibility with this whole issue .... not some request for an esoteric improvement.
                    All NVIDIA professional multi-monitor graphics cards (Quadro etc) come with drivers for multi-monitor setups and are the de-facto standard for enterprise setups for video-wall displays, financial institutions, CAD/CAM, 3D modelling etc. with hundreds of software developers for these markets either certifying their software with NVIDIA or developing in accordance with their guidelines.
                    NVIDIA's drivers include multi-monitor desktop management features including multi Taskbar, multi-Window monitor grids for snap-to, auto-sizing etc.
                    Under these drivers, NT8 reports as only partially compatible, for the reasons given earlier - to do with how NT8 handles transparent Windows in 10.

Somewhat annoying when you purchase a multi-monitor setup with professional graphics card from the biggest player in the profession who provide robust multi-monitor management software to help get the best out of the graphics card (rather than third-party taskbar manager, desktop manager add-ons, freeware etc) only to find Ninja has decided to take the road less travelled & NT8 isn't compatible.

Presumably NT Development must have encountered a compelling need which the developers with NVIDIA compatible software either didn't or were able to overcome.

Comment

I was able to reproduce the issue with borderless windows with plain old Notepad https://youtu.be/0WkfopAtDqA
                      Borderless windows are the only way to do customized window decorations like NT8 has.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rocketman7