multi-threading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi-threading...

Hi there, how do I check how many CPU cores that NT8 is using? also, how do find out how much memory NT is using? I have 80GB of RAM and under task manager, NT.exe uses only 1 GB. NT8 performance is also sluggish with around 30 indicators.

In addition, I always receive error " Unhandled exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command" (simply loading tick replay for 30 days). I have tried disk swaps like "system managed", "1.5x", "4x" 80GB or even 1TB. no cure.... :-(

Comment

Hello timko,

Thank you for writing in.

You can check the number of cores you have by opening the Task Manager and selecting the Performance tab.
      (If you are using Windows 10, Click CPU.) In the details, look for Logical processors.

I would advise that you see the following PC performance connection guide for more information on the CPU intensive items:
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...mance_tips.htm

I have provided below all the CPU intensive items that I would highly recommend looking at if you're experiencing sluggish performance:

-We always recommend restarting or shutting down your PC at least once a day. If you have not done so today, please troubleshoot by doing so now.

-Running multiple applications while NinjaTrader is running has been known to affect NinjaTrader's performance. Please limit the number of running applications on your PC to troubleshoot. Web browsers have been specifically known to consume a lot of resources - Chrome seems especially guilty of this.

-Limiting a number of workspaces that you have running. You may check this by navigating to the Control Center > Workspaces. Any workspaces with a gray box to the left of the workspace name is an open and running workspace. To close a workspace hover your mouse over the workspace you would like to close and click close.

-Having a minimum of Days to load on your charts will be less intensive. This setting can be found by right-clicking on your charts and selecting Data Series.

-The indicator option Calculate set to On each tick or On price change is known to be a more CPU intensive settings. Setting it to On bar close is less intensive. You may find this setting by right-clicking on your chart and selecting Indicators. Once the Indicators window appears, the setting will be located to the right-hand side of the window.

-Large databases have been known to slow down NinjaTrader. If the above doesn't work, what size is your database? You may check this by navigating to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder. Next, right-click on the file called NinjaTrader.sdf and select Properties. The size of the database will be in the General tab.

-Also, if you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
      • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
      • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
      • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
      • If any of these gives a result significantly higher than the others, I would suggest checking that indicator or add-on's settings first.
      Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes