Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCD file format

Hi,

The current NT8 historical data .txt importation algorithm is VERY SLOW, no multithreading, moreover it apparently doesn't use streams.
    I believe I can write my own, a much faster one in C++ ou C#.

Can I please get the .NCD file format ?

Thank you.

Hello vindiou,

Unfortunately, how historical data files are used by NinjaTrader is internal core code to NinjaTrader that is not available to the public.

You can write custom Import Type scripts for importing historical text files. I would recommend viewing the TextImportType script included with NInjaTrader 8 as an example.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...mport_type.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I believe NinjaTrader should make it open to the public by just adding a copyright like MetaTrader does :

In its operation, tester uses an *.FXT file with generated succession of bars. Each record of the generated succession represents the bar status at...

The NT8 .txt importation tool is a slowness nightmare.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vindiou View Post
        Hi,

The current NT8 historical data .txt importation algorithm is VERY SLOW, no multithreading, moreover it apparently doesn't use streams.
        I believe I can write my own, a much faster one in C++ ou C#.

Can I please get the .NCD file format ?

Thank you.
        I've spent the last couple of days decoding the binary .NCD file format and creating my own binary reader for it, because I wanted to produce my own charts out of my own historical data outside of NT. If anyone would like the details, PM me or hit me up on skype 'jrstokka', I will be glad to share them.

Here is a link to a public Git repository if you would like to read the files directly. Enjoy.

Last edited by jrstokka; 12-02-2019, 05:08 PM. Reason: Added a link for my Git repository for the reader tool...

Comment

Originally posted by jrstokka View Post

I've spent the last couple of days decoding the binary .NCD file format and creating my own binary reader for it, because I wanted to produce my own charts out of my own historical data outside of NT. If anyone would like the details, PM me or hit me up on skype 'jrstokka', I will be glad to share them.

Here is a link to a public Git repository if you would like to read the files directly. Enjoy.

https://github.com/jrstokka/NinjaTraderNCDFiles
          Hi jrstokka

Is it also possible to read ncd files for daily data (subfolder db\day )?

Thanks
          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by jrstokka View Post

https://github.com/jrstokka/NinjaTraderNCDFiles
            Great to see this effort. Will try it out.
            I do want to build systems around historical data analysis which can use more sophisticated tools than what NT systems easily offer.
            However I did not want to create a separate database for that.
            I will use NT as the permanent DB and use your program to feed into others.

By any chance do you have code to traverse how the files are organized in the NT folder?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post frankthearm