Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Point and Figure chart - boxsize configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point and Figure chart - boxsize configuration?

First I have been a metatrader MT4 user for years and I just now downloaded NinjaTrader 8 and I got tears in my eyes....of joy! =)
    All things missing and lacking in MT4 I now have in Ninjatrader...amazing stuff..and its not easy to blow my socks off.
    However I do have some problems understanding the boxsize and setup when using Point and Figure Charts.
    Lets say I am trading a currency with the current closing price of 1.75500. How do I set up the boxsize to be 0.0025?
    So if price goes up to 1.75750 it should draw an X.

Any ideas how to achive this?
    Do I have to set boxsize of 250 to achieve what I want?
    What to set in "Base Period Type" and "Base period value"?
    Last edited by fxSol; 03-17-2019, 03:40 AM.

One other thing. Dont know if bug or something I have miss configured but there is a misalignment in chart between columns.

Comment

The 'box size' and 'reversal' properties are based on ticks, and ticks represent the minimum price movement of an instrument, so you would want to enter a number in to the box size field that represented the amount of ticks the price would have to move to affect the bars. Here is a link with more information about the Point & Figure bar type:

I am not sure I understand what you mean by 'misalignment' or what your screenshot is meant to represent. Please go into further detail.

Comment

[QUOTE=I am not sure I understand what you mean by 'misalignment' or what your screenshot is meant to represent. Please go into further detail.[/QUOTE]

Picture tells it all =) X and 0 are not align straight in a horizontal line. Look closely and you will understand that Marty Feldman made the chart.

This is a screenshot made with another software I have. You see that X and 0 are aligned horizontally perfectly - in Ninjatrader its not.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fxSol; 03-21-2019, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Also can anyone explain how this plotting is possible? (the the left with 2 red 0)
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell me the exact settings for the data series of the chart in post #2 and post #5? Here is an example of what I need:

To view this information about your charts, right-click within the chart and select 'Data Series'.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              The 'box size' and 'reversal' properties are based on ticks, and ticks represent the minimum price movement of an instrument, so you would want to enter a number in to the box size field that represented the amount of ticks the price would have to move to affect the bars. Here is a link with more information about the Point & Figure bar type:

I am not sure I understand what you mean by 'misalignment' or what your screenshot is meant to represent. Please go into further detail.
              Hello Patrick, what is the settings in tick for a 1 dollar box in point and figure ? thanks . Sergio

Comment

The cash value or one tick will be different depending on what you're trading. For example, a tick in the ES futures equals $12.50.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                10 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Leafcutter  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Max238