Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order status

Hello,

I have 1 contract 6J short and 1 contract 6E short. Why is stop in 6J showing "Accepted" in orders tab and 6E shows "Working"?

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

The order state will depend on the order type. You can learn more here:

Comment

Patrick,

thank you for the links. This is clear. The question is why it is different on same kind of instrument and same brokerage.

Best regards
      Tony

Comment

I can only recreate this issue if I submit my orders without an ATM strategy:

In other words, the reason that they look differently is the stop loss and profit target color overrides the underlying order state color. With that said, it looks like all of your orders in your screenshot are submitted with an ATM strategy. Is this accurate? Or are some manually placed?

The one thing I notice in your screenshot is that the 6J appears to be in the Sim101 account and the 6E is in an account that begins with 'A'. Is this 'A' account your live account?

Comment

Yes, one is the live account. I dont understand what you mean with the color. I dont mean the colors, I mean that there is in words "Accepted" and "Working".
          I do my question more accurate again:

When trading live with continuum and a position is from an ATM what should be the stop "Working" or "Accepted"?
          When trading live with continuum and a position is from a script with SetStopLoss what should be the stop "Working" or "Accepted"?
          Why is one of them "Working" and the other "Accepted", both trades are with continuum and NT-Brokerage.

Thank you!
          Tony

Comment

Accepted indicates order confirmation received by broker. Working Order indicates confirmation received by exchange. Limit orders, for example, rest at the exchange. Stop orders do not rest at the exchange and are managed by your broker, therefore, have a different designation. This information is detailed in the links of my original post.
            • When trading live with continuum and a position is from an ATM what should be the stop "Working" or "Accepted"?
            Positions don't have an order color, only active resting orders have an order type. Whether an order is 'working' or 'accepted' would depend on which status has been received by NinjaTrader about that order:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...efinitions.htm
            • When trading live with continuum and a position is from a script with SetStopLoss what should be the stop "Working" or "Accepted"?
            The method of submission is irrelevant. The order type will determine the color.
            • Why is one of them "Working" and the other "Accepted", both trades are with continuum and NT-Brokerage.
            Accepted indicates order confirmation received by broker. Working Order indicates confirmation received by exchange

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
            3 responses
            1 like
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn