X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems drawing on a 50 day chart

Getting Error messages/strange results when doing this:

- Open EURUSD 50 Day chart - 1000 Bars
    - Try to draw a rectangle around the last two bars (starting at the right)

kevinenergy,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20190319.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Drew, I can't send in my log files. But here is the exception for the error in question. It occurred over and over again causing hundreds of log entries and error dialogs in the UI.

Code:
      2019-03-19 15:52:18:650 System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index
         at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
         at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartBars.GetTimeByTradingDayDiff(DateTime lastBarTime, Int32 tradingDaysDiff)
         at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartBars.GetTimeByBarIdx(ChartControl chartControl, Int32 barIndex, Boolean returnEndTime)
         at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartBars.GetBarIdxByX(ChartControl chartControl, Int32 x)
         at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.SnapToBar(ChartAnchor dataPoint, DrawingToolAttachedTo attachedTo)
         at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.ChartAnchor.MoveAnchorTime(ChartAnchor startDataPoint, ChartAnchor deltaDataPoint, ChartControl chartControl, ChartPanel chartPanel, ChartScale chartScale, DrawingTool drawingTool)
         at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
         at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
         at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
         at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
         at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
         at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
         at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
         at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
         at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
         at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
         at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
         at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
         at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
         at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
         at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
         at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
      2019-03-19 15:52:18:687 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
      2019-03-19 15:52:18:687 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index

Comment

It might have something to do with the "Equidistant bar spacing" option. If you can test both with and without that option enabled. Let me know if I can help further.

Comment

kevinenergy,

Thanks for replying.

I am unable to replicate an error on my end. I would like to review the diagnostic files for more information. What happens when you attempt to send the files in per our previous reply? Do you see an error?

Comment

Hey Drew,

here's a video. Could you follow these steps and let me know if you can reproduce the issue?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks

Comment

kevinenergy,

These would be the same steps taken when testing previously. I double checked these same steps and cannot replicate again. What happens when you attempt to send the files in per our previous reply? Do you see an error?

Comment

Hi Drew,

Unfortunately this is a work computer and I can't send files to a third party. What specifically do you need from the logs? I've just tried to recreate the issue again and have the same problem.

The reason I've got equidistant bar spacing disabled is because it was a suggested solution to this issue: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-problem-today

However it seems to have caused a raft of other issues so I'm going back to equidistant spacing until the timezones in Europe and the US sync up again.

Just to check - are you definitely trying to recreate the issue on a 50-Day chart. i.e. Every individual bar on the chart represents 50 days..... It is a very an unusual timeframe.

Comment

kevinenergy,

Correct, I will confirm that we used the exact steps from your video when testing on our end. I have also tested a third time today and once again can not replicate.

The log and trace files contain diagnostic information about the platform and also PC, accounts connected, and Operating System environment in use, so they should not be shared here on the forums in their entirety.

Do you have another PC you can test this on to check for the same error?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                  20 responses
                  0 likes