LSE Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSE Data

Can anyone let me know whether it is feasible to get access to LSE stocks via NinjaTrader ?
    At the moment I dont seem to be able to achieve this through Kinetic ?
    Are there any other options for this ?

Hello Trader_Kim,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the NinjaTrader platform for LSE stocks if you have a supported broker or market data provider that offers this exchange. While Kinetick does not currently support the LSE, there are other market data options available for the NinjaTrader platform. If you are looking for a broker that will offer live order routing, then I would suggest Interactive Brokers. Connecting to an account with Interactive Brokers will provide real-time and historical minute data that you can use to create charts within NinjaTrader. If you are looking for an independent data provider, then you may want to look at eSignal.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Christoper
      At present there doesnt appear to be any options for connecting to Interactive Brokers from within the platform.
      Having followed the installation instructions here: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
      Any suggestions ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Trader_Kim,

The brokerage connections that are available within your installation of NinjaTrader will be based on your license key. Can you please send an email to platformsales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com so we can look up your license key?

You can include your license key in the body of this email. Your license key will be available from the NinjaTrader Control Center > Help > License Key.

We look forward to assisting you.

Comment

Hi

i have a demo license now, but am still unable to see lse data. Ib support suggested this was a ninjatrader issue as the platform is specifying usd which the lse is not traded on.

Comment

Hello Trader_Kim,

Were you able to set up the market data connection within NinjaTrader to your Interactive Brokers account?

Once you are connected to Interactive Brokers, you will need to add LSE stocks manually to NinjaTrader's instrument database. This will allow you to configure GBP as the quoted currency and add the correct symbol mapping for Interactive Brokers. Here is a tutorial link that will show you how to add/edit instruments within NinjaTrader 8:

Comment

Thanks Christopher - I appreciate the input and the help, however just putting it out there.
              The IB process, is not straight forward, not well documented, full of pitfalls and pain and so far not worth the effort.

Unfortunately it appears that IB point to you and you point to IB, when ever something doesnt work out the box. Given this is a custom solution - it was never going to work out the box.

I will have another try tomorrow.

Comment

@Trader_Kim,

Hey mate, did you get the IB data for LSE working in NT?
                I am also wanting to trade the LSE. I live in Australia and the US markets are just to late when you have a day job.

Regards,

codeOwl

Comment

Hi
                  yes - it can be done - not easy, data quality is pretty poor in places.
                  needs you to modify the instruments blah blah blah
                  very poor or no documentation
                  but the point is - it does work

Comment

Trader_Kim,

Thanks for getting back to me mate. It is a real shame, as I am a C# programmer and loving working with NinjaTrader, but am also big on reducing the opportunities for error when it comes to trading. I would much rather trade with something that worked out of the box at the Exchange/Instrument level and concentrate on the trading system.

Comment

There was talk on another thread about getting LSE data but not progressed as far as I know.

it really does depend on how much you want the data.

also depends on what time frames you are looking at. Higher ones were better as I recall aka monthly / weekly / daily
                      not seen the crazy data glitches like I have done with NT (months with no price action)

Some other pitfalls are you then need an account with interactive brokers and need to be trading through them, otherwise you get charged a monthly fee - on top of the fee for LSE data. Which can make it fairly expensive.

if you do end up doing it shout and can perhaps give you some hints

Last edited by Trader_Kim; 01-19-2020, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                      13 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post frankthearm