Market Replay Data missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Data missing

Although I see this is a very old topic, I get no data downloaded at all for market replay of EURUSD using NT8.0.4.0 64 bit. I checked in folder Documents/NinjaTrader8/db/replay and it is empty.

Maybe it does not work as expected? That is, if there is no data provider for this (which seems to be the case according to next paragraph results), then I expect the option for downloading to be disabled rather than downloading "ghost" data.

I did the download with connection My NinjaTrader FXCM.
    I tried loading 2/1/2019 - 3/17/2019, and saw the message "Loading..."
    Next disconnected that data source and connected Playback Connection. The Playback window is displayed but with a date for 2099. The db folder has nothing in it.

Next I tried Tools/Options/Market data/Properties/Real-time and selected Enable market recording for playback.
    After a few minutes, I repeated the steps in the 3rd paragraph. This time I indeed get a playback data file in the db folder, and the Playback controls work. Unfortunately, this data set begins, of course, only since I selected the the Enable market recording option. So, no historical data.

Please let me know if it is possible to download historical market replay data for Forex from the NT connection sources and if so, how. It not, then please provide 3rd party sources for this data along with details on how I can download and make use of it in the Market Replay.

I have moved your post into the NinjaTrader 8 forums in its own thread since the original thread you posted on is related to NinjaTrader 7 and about 12 years old.

We only maintain replay data on our servers for 90 days.

I would be surprised if you aren't experiencing other issues all related to the fact that you're using a very old and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8. We're currently on 8.0.17.2. 8.0.4.0 was released in January of 2017. It is critical that you update to the latest version before we attempt to troubleshoot any symptoms:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    I have provided a link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay:
    1. Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Market Data > check 'Enable market recording for playback' > OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time. Please see the following help guide page for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ReplayRecorder
    2. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server.

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.
    To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.

Please see the following help guide page for more information:

Notes:
    • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
    • NOT available when connected to the Playback connection.
    To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Javierw.ok  
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid