Unable to connect to TDA today 08/Feb/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to TDA today 08/Feb/2018

Anybody else experiencing the same problem today?

I am asking here as I suspect this is 99% TDA server related, but if anybody else using TDA and having the same issue could confim would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I experience the same when I test on my end. No changes have been made to NinjaTrader's TD Ameritrade adapter since yesterday.

We are currently working on finding the root cause.

I will update the thread when there is a solution or if the issue resolves itself.

Comment

Thank you Patrick.
      I've just tried NT7 and it connects fine so the problem is with NT8 and TDA.
      This is just frustrating guys, NT7, which has not had any updates or improvements connects fine.
      I hope you can resolve it before the market opens. We should not be subject to this scaring issues at his stage of NT8. Please.
      Thank you

Comment

Dear Patrick,

In case it helps you, I was under the latest NT8 (Version 8.0.12.0). I uninstalled it and installed the previous (Version 8.0.11.1) but it still has the same connection issue with TDA. Why your tech guys simply use the same connection NT7 uses and which has no issue amazingly. Putting today's issue aside, the TDA api with NT8 still has issues such as occasionally orders not getting the status back from the broker. This is rather urgent and hope you can find the cure once and for all. Thanks

Comment

Anything? Equity Markets opened 24 minutes ago.

Comment

Wow Ver 8 doesn't connect but 7 does. 8 should still be in beta. Incredible how much is still wrong with the program, including customizing the rows in market analyzer without it throwing exceptions on even the most modestly customized set-up.

Comment

Update

Half an hour into the day trading still unable to connect. This issue forced me to stop all trading and close manually any positions that were opened. The fact that I am the only one updating this post or upset about this might suggest I am the only one using NT8 with TDA. We need a stable connection. This can not be happening. Otherwise, the product is worthless. It is a sad day for NT.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no update at this time.

We also experience the issue with NinjaTrader 8 only.

There have been no changes to NinjaTrader 8 in the last 24 hours. We have contacted TD Ameritrade and are awaiting their response. I appreciate your patience while we investigate to find the root cause.

bortz, I understand your frustration. Let's keep this thread focused on the TD Ameritrade connection issue so others may use it as a resource for this specific problem.

It is our primary goal to ensure NinjaTrader is working as expected, but we cannot resolve issues that we are unaware of. I am not familiar with exactly what you're reporting, but I am highly interested in learning more about it. I encourage you to write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you with the issues you're reporting with Market Analyzer columns.

Comment

Dear Patrick, maybe a humble and simple idea, couldn't your developing team compare NT7 vs NT8 connection to TDA, and find the reason why one connects while the other doesn't that way?

Comment

Yeah...👌

Comment

TD Ameritrade has addressed the reports on their end and I am now able to successfully connect to TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader 8. Do you all experience the same?

Bortz, I'll be following up with you via email regarding the issue unrelated to TD Ameritrade connections.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-08-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I've just spoken to Brian Milligan from TDA customer support. He confirms no issues from their end.

What we know:
                        1- Login into TDA on their web works
                        2- Login into TDA on thinkorswim works
                        3- Login into TDA using NT7 works
                        4- Login into TDA using NT8 DOES NOT WORK
                        5- TDA say they do not support Ninjatrader and could not help any further

Once again, as i said on a previous post, WHY DON'T NINJATRADER DEVELOPERS study the differences between NT7 and NT8 connection as that is where the problem is.

Thank you

Comment

I suspect you did not speak with someone on the API Team at TD Ameritrade which is who we've been speaking with directly.

We can no longer reproduce the connection issue on our end with TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader 8.

I would suggest clearing your DNS, restarting your PC, and attempting again to connect.

To clear your DNS:

Open a command prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
                          How to open the command prompt

Comment

I confirm the connection is fine now. May we know what happened today? should we expect any further random connection issues? Why was NT7 fine and stable all day while NT8 was not? Thank you

Comment

The only item which I can confirm is that NinjaTrader made no change at any time which could have caused this issue, or to address this issue once we were made aware.

NinjaTrader has no direct control over downtime or issues which may originate at the data provider.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post z.franck  
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rtwave