Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lines and temporalities

Hello and thank you very much to whoever helps me,

I would like to paint lines in a temporality (eg 3 minutes) and that these lines could be seen in the lowest temporalities (eg 1 minute) but that they are not seen in larger temporalities (eg 15 minutes).
    I do not know if I explain ...

That is, I want to draw relevant levels (supports and resistances) from greater to lesser temporality and that these are seen in their temporality and the following but not the previous ones.

Thank you very much

Hello yonsi72,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

. When you create a line on a chart it will only appear on that chart and would be a "local" line. To make the line appear on other charts you have to change the line to a global line.

Once the local line is drawn, double left click on the line to open the "Drawing Objects" window, on the right-hand side look for the "Attach to" row and left click the drop-down arrow on the current selection and look for (all charts) of the same instrument. This will create a global line that will appear on all charts of the same instrument.

To prevent global objects from appearing on a particular chart, on that chart, please right mouse click and select "Data series", in the data series window locate the selection "Show global draw objects" and uncheck the selection to then prevent showing the global lines.

For reference, please see "Understanding local vs. global drawing objects" in the helpguide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul and thanks for your reply
      However, it does not solve the problem.
      I want to draw a line in a graph and that can be seen in the lower graphs but not in the upper graphs.
      It is about passing levels of support and resistance marked in a certain temporality towards lower temporalities but not towards higher ones.
      Is this possible?
      Thank you very much

Comment

Hello yonsi72,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps I am not understanding but when you write, "I want to draw a line in a graph and that can be seen in the lower graphs but not in the upper graphs." I believe I have directly answered this in my previous reply. The global lines will show on all charts and if you do not wish to see the globals lines on the higher time frame chart, you can disable showing global objects on just that chart.

If this is not what you are looking for, please further clarify. Perhaps a screenshot may help?

Comment

Hello again Paul,

If I remove "see global objects" in the larger temporality graph then I stop seeing the levels that I have marked in this one so that they can be seen in the lower temporalities.

That is, what I'm trying to do is draw a line "A" on the 30-minute chart and see it also on the 5-minute and 1-minute chart.

Then, in the 5 minute chart, I want to draw a line "B" and see it also in the 1 minute chart but not in the 30 minute chart (this is the probolema that I can not solve).

Finally, in the 1 minute chart I want to draw a line "C" and only see it in this graph and not in the upper graphs (this is easy with "atach to 1 minute").

If I remove "see global objects" in the 30 minute chart, the "A" line of all the graphics disappears and if I put it as "atach to 30 minutes" I can only see it in this temporality and not in the lower ones.

I hope to have explained myself well since I use the google translator !!

Thank you very much

Comment

Hello yonsi72,

Thanks for your reply and I understand perfectly now.

Regrettably, this would not be possible (Drawing a global line on one chart and showing it on a chart where the show global draw objects are set false).

I will create a feature request to allow for a draw object chart selection below (all charts) that would allow a line (or other draw objects) to be shown on user selective charts. Once I have the feature request number I will update this thread. A feature request does not mean the feature will or will not be implemented but does provide user feedback to program management that is continuously reviewed.

Comment

Thanks Paul,

I hope it can be done later.

Comment

Hello yonsi72,

Just to follow-up.

The feature request is SFT-415, "Selective global drawing objects". Your vote for this feature request has been added.

Thank-you for your interest to improve NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes