Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Want to control 50 different futures accounts via a single login?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to control 50 different futures accounts via a single login?

Using Interactive Brokers (IB) Gateway API and NinjaTrader 8, is there a way to control 50 different Futures accounts (belonging to 50 different investors) via a single Ninja login? So in simple terms, we would logon to IB's trade server just once using a single set of login credentials and then we would like to see the 50 different futures accounts (i.e. Account_1, Account_2........Account_50) showing in the Ninja "Accounts" tab window. Our EasyLanguage strategy code would then place trades in each of the 50 accounts on a random basis to ensure a fair and equitable trade allocation method. Is this possible without using the IB TWS which does not support "family and friends accounts", or "financial advisor" accounts due to ninja not supporting the "Allocation Profile" method in TWS? If anyone else on this forum has any ideas this would be very much appreciated too. Thanks in advance. Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 02-09-2018, 12:40 AM.

Hello Rod,

Financial Advisor accounts are supported in NinjaTrader 8. They are not supported in NinjaTrader 7. If you can access all 50 accounts using one IB login, you should be able to see all 50 accounts in NinjaTrader once connected.

Please note that it is not supported to run automated strategies on the IB master account. Execution and positions will not show up on the strategy the master account is running on. You can run automated strategies on each client account in NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason for your reply. I was thinking of running my TradeStation auto EL strategy on each individual account showing in Ninja. So each account would have its own strategy logic, would this be possible? Also do you think i could access 50 accounts in ninja via a single login using IB broker?

Comment

Yes, this is possible as long as you can select each account in NinjaTrader. I am not sure if you can have 50 accounts per IB login. Please check with Interactive Brokers if this is possible.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses