Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Two playback connections possible? Need two accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two playback connections possible? Need two accounts?

if one wanted to use the playback connection to use market replay to test a strategy through multiple days, but also simultaneously using the playback connection for research on a different product or a variation of the strategy, how could this be done? Sometimes i'll just put the playback speed to max and let the strategy run it through a contract expiration (which could take 1hr to complete), but at the same time I want to use the time to use the playback connection for research. Would I need two accounts?

Hello Boonfly8,

Thank you for your post.

Only one connection at a time is possible using the Playback Connection. You would not be able to run two charts at two different speeds at the same time using it, unfortunately. You can view multiple instruments at the same time if you have Market Replay data for the same date for all instruments you are viewing, but that would be the closest to what you're looking for.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your e-mail. Would another NT account help? Perhaps even a demo account as I have marketreplay data from MarketReplay Downloader so getting/having the data is not a problem.

Comment

Hello Boonfly8,

Thank you for your reply.

The accounts do not matter as you can only be connected to the Playback connection and nothing else when using Playback. You cannot have 2 simultaneous Playback connections in use at the same time as there is only one Playback connection in the platform.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

would somehow opening up another instance of NT8 work? Sorry for harping on this issue, but this would improve productivity a lot

Comment

Hello Boonfly8,

Thank you for your reply.

There is not a supported method for running two instances of NinjaTrader 8 on the same PC, unfortunately. You would need two separate PCs to run two instances of NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Gotcha, well thank you for the replies Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Boonfly8 View Post
                would somehow opening up another instance of NT8 work? Sorry for harping on this issue, but this would improve productivity a lot
                Yes separate pcs or virtual machines. I've had several machines running for 12 hours each over 4 years. You should have a simulation key (@SIM).if not search the forum or ask for one.

You can run multiple strategies in a replay for the same time. Just be careful you don't max out cpu as it will get really slow. Close all workspaces that aren't used.

​​​​​​I used to run 16 strategies at once in nt8 beta 6. (But it was buggy, but pretty close).

four years of ES data and the amount my system trades is at nt8s breaking point of becoming slowed down(weekends still fast). Nt7 only made 1 year for me. Had to break up until multiple machines using multiple quarters.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bill2023  
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ryjoga