Unable to click on any indicator plot in chart window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to click on any indicator plot in chart window

Hi - I have a weird issue that has been annoying me for many months. On one template I use, I am unable to click on any indicator plot in chart window. I can click on drawing objects and select them, but not plots. For example, double click an ema and you will normally get the indicator properties open. I need to change the z-order of some of the plots, but cannot due to this issue.

I'm assuming something must be drawn over the top, or similar, but I cannot figure out what.

So, in summary, drawing objects are not effected, but indicator plots cannot be interacted with on the chart window. Indicator plots in the indicator panels are not clickable either. Same indicators on other charts are fine. It is just this template for some reason.

Is there a way to figure out what is causing this, without taking it apart, adding each one back in., etc., etc. ? Or a way to change the z-order of a plot, without clicking it in the chart window?

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Does this occur with all indicators include those pre-loaded in NinjaTrader like the SMA?

I could see this occurring with custom plots built through OnRender but not the Plot class itself.

There is no means to change Z-Order other than how you have tried.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, it does. For instance. The EMA indicator. Any indicator added to that chart, standard or otherwise, the plot is not accessible either in the chart window, or in the separate indicator pane the indicator is loaded into.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
        Hi - I have a weird issue that has been annoying me for many months. On one template I use, I am unable to click on any indicator plot in chart window. I can click on drawing objects and select them, but not plots. For example, double click an ema and you will normally get the indicator properties open. I need to change the z-order of some of the plots, but cannot due to this issue.

I'm assuming something must be drawn over the top, or similar, but I cannot figure out what.

So, in summary, drawing objects are not effected, but indicator plots cannot be interacted with on the chart window. Indicator plots in the indicator panels are not clickable either. Same indicators on other charts are fine. It is just this template for some reason.

Is there a way to figure out what is causing this, without taking it apart, adding each one back in., etc., etc. ? Or a way to change the z-order of a plot, without clicking it in the chart window?

Thanks.
        Right click in a blank area of the chart and select "properties" at the bottom of the long list. Then look at the very top of the next dialog box to see whether 'Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" is checked or unchecked. On my PC when it is unchecked I cannot select any indicator on any pane. This is not expected behaviour as I understood this option should have only impacted the chart series and not all indicators. I suspect there may be a bug here.

Comment

Pjsmith, can you please verify if the setting "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" as mentioned by FMtrader is indeed checked? To clarify, when in use, it is expected for no chart object including indicators from being selected to prevent accidental drag and drop of any chart series, not just the Data Series.

We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post

Right click in a blank area of the chart and select "properties" at the bottom of the long list. Then look at the very top of the next dialog box to see whether 'Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" is checked or unchecked. On my PC when it is unchecked I cannot select any indicator on any pane. This is not expected behaviour as I understood this option should have only impacted the chart series and not all indicators. I suspect there may be a bug here.
            Thank you! Indeed, this is not expected behaviour, but does resolve the issue. Much appreciate you chipping in. My life just got a little easier

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post

Thank you! Indeed, this is not expected behaviour, but does resolve the issue. Much appreciate you chipping in. My life just got a little easier
              Glad I could help. This is just one of many NT8 bugs that still exist!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
                Pjsmith, can you please verify if the setting "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" as mentioned by FMtrader is indeed checked? To clarify, when in use, it is expected for no chart object including indicators from being selected to prevent accidental drag and drop of any chart series, not just the Data Series.

Hello Eric

When this box is unchecked I struggle to see why an indicator in a different pane to the chart should not be able to be selected. I suggest that it may be worthwhile adding another check box so that one has the choice of making the chart itself and/or the indicator selectable.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The tracking ID for this request is SFT-3903. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hello, I got the same issue with ninjatrade that I am unable to click on any indicator plot, or select drawing object in chart window and the "Allow the selections or drag/drop of chart series" is checked, is there another way can help to fix it?

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                      Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                      Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                      Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                      Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
                      1 response
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post traderqz  
                      Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM