Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay only draws data values at 0

Hello,

I have followed your instructions carefully. The data shows downloaded. When I use the Playback connection and select the available dates it does playback as per the speed selected but the only data shown is 0. It only displays the data valued at 0. It happens both with Market Replay and Historical (although historical data works perfect when in demo mode)

How can this be fixed?

Thanks for your help.

Hello roblogic,

May we see screenshots of the Market Replay data that has been downloaded in the Tools > Historical Data window, the Playback controller window, and the chart?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It happened again. At the beginning I thought it was caused by having less data in the historical live demo as in Market Replay, but it's not the case as am getting the issue now and have more data in the historical chart. Most of the time it works fine though.

Comment

Hello roblogic,

Thank you for providing a screenshot.

I notice you are using a custom bar type.
        If you open a new 1 minute chart with no template applied, is this chart also not showing bars on the chart?

The playback time appears to be 30 seconds after the start of the recording for 3/26.
        If you playback an hour of playback to 6:00, is the new 1 minute chart still blank?

Comment

I will report what you ask if I get the problem again. Now it is working fine. What it seems to me is that it starts some time prior the moment where the data is loaded. And is drawing some kind of data at 0. Then, If I set it to Max and wait for several seconds 10-30 seconds then the first bars start to appear, but since there is something drawn at 0, those bars are shown like lines. Then as the bars take all the screen it zooms in and the bars are shown normally. There are no indicators running at the same time.

Comment

Please see the screenshot showing something being drawn at 0 plus the Mini ES:

Comment

Hello roblogic,

To confirm, when you first connect to the Playback connection, the historical data that initially loads on the chart is all have values of zero, is this correct?

Please remove the historical data for this instrument and try testing again.
              1. Disconnect from the Playback > click Tools > Historical Data
              2. Click the + to expand Historical > right-click ES 06-19 > select Remove
              3. Reconnect to the Playback and test again

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello roblogic,

To confirm, when you first connect to the Playback connection, the historical data that initially loads on the chart is all have values of zero, is this correct?

Please remove the historical data for this instrument and try testing again.
                1. Disconnect from the Playback > click Tools > Historical Data
                2. Click the + to expand Historical > right-click ES 06-19 > select Remove
                3. Reconnect to the Playback and test again

I did that and the problem happens exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                  Hello roblogic,

Thank you for providing a screenshot.

I notice you are using a custom bar type.
                  If you open a new 1 minute chart with no template applied, is this chart also not showing bars on the chart?

The playback time appears to be 30 seconds after the start of the recording for 3/26.
                  If you playback an hour of playback to 6:00, is the new 1 minute chart still blank?

When the problem happens, if I switch to 1 minute bars the data loads just fine, if I then switch back to Unirenko, the problem comes back. I am using the Unirenko bars downloaded from here:

(Update March 11th, 2020 – Fix for TickReplay, calculates values if bar object is mid-session and have not been calculated as least once) This is a conversion of the UniRenko ‐ Universal Renko BarType developed and originally coded for the NinjaTrader 7 platform by monpere. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. […]

Comment

Hello roblogic,

Are you using the Simulation license or a Live license key?

I've checked the historical data servers for this day and I'm not finding these zeros in the data from the servers.

If you are using the Simulation license and all of the historical data is removed, I am expecting the chart to be completely blank. If its not, I will want to connect with you to observe.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Christopher_R  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    166 responses
                    0 likes