Loading a continous contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading a continous contract

I am trying to load a continuous NQ contract. I have selected NQ XX-XX and made the usual adjustments like I would for a range based chart but no data is loading. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Trader604,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2115542" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

The symbol for a continuous contract is ##-##, so for the NQ you would enter "NQ ##-##". I received your email and will be following up there as well.

Comment

Hello,

I just noticed that IB provides Continuous Contracts now (and probably since some time). Pls. see https://interactivebrokers.github.io...racts.html#fut

If I understand the description right, Cont. Contracts are setup as a new instrument type: contract.SecType = "CONTFUT";

Also there seem to be a growing number of brokers/ data providers who provide there kind of data, at least for historical data (rather than for direct trading). Could you please check to implement this instrument type in NT as well? It would simplify the data collection and rollover administration significantly for all futures traders, I guess.

Or is there an alternative way to receive these contracts (e.g. as a custom contract?) in NT already?

Many thanks,
        Joerg

Comment

Hello Joerg,

Thank you for your note.

While I am unaware of an alternative way to currently receive these contracts in the platform, I've submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello Chris ,

im having problem loading continuous contracts data, i have market data from IB and when i load a daily candlestick chart for more than a year, the chat shows just a year, i tried ES and CL, and also try the CL ##-## but NT message is: Error requesting bars series: Please verify symbol mapping is correct for CL ##-##.

Thank you

Comment

Hello siroya,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread, ticket number '2165042' and a message 'ATTN Sergey'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
              Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post xiinteractive  
              Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
              1 response
              0 likes