Recommendations to make Compilation faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations to make Compilation faster

What can we do to make the Compiling (F5) process faster in NinjaScript editor?
    I've tried to comment out in "Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/" the .cs scripts that i dont use regularly (such as many drawing tools .cs and other .cs files).
    made about 1 seconds faster as i see, but still slow (needs 5 seconds to compile). Any recommendations that makes the compiling as fast as possible?
    Last edited by ttodua; 03-28-2019, 04:26 AM.

Hello TazoTodua,

Thank you for the post.

In this case, the only thing I can suggest that you could do would be to remove the third party scripts you do not use. I would not suggest removing any stock items as this can cause problems with other scripts/parts of the platform and only may yield a tiny difference as you noted.

If you would like to get an idea of the fastest compile time your PC will see, you could test a clean installation without anything imported. That will basically be the fastest your PC can compile the code required to create the custom project, anything added beyond that will add to the compile time. Another part of the compile time which may be being ignored here is that the custom assembly which is generated is also reloaded in memory at this time. There are multiple steps happening during a compile so this is a much more complex process than other compilers like visual studio which is simply outputting a dll.

If you want to otherwise avoid specifically the compile time, you would need to look at using visual studio and compile a DLL. This may potentially be quicker to initially compile as there is less involved but this will take longer in the long run because NinjaTrader would require a restart to reload the dll, so really the NinjaScript editor/custom project is the fastest for development.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks excellent answer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bill2023  
      Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM