Built in Volume Profile indicator doesn't show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built in Volume Profile indicator doesn't show up

After adding built in volume profile indicator nothing shows up on my charts (daily), calculated on each tick
    I'm using NT8, version 8.0.7.1 64-bit (Multi-Broker), simulation license type

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Dennis

I followed your instructions, but the download installs a 32 bit version of NT8
      Anyway, I finished the installation but the problem is still there. Volume Profile is attached to the chart, without errors but nothing is displayed

Comment

There is no separate installer for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Both are installed automatically if your running a 64-bit PC. There should be an icon on your desktop named "NinjaTrader 8 (64-bit)". If the 64-bit shortcut is no longer on your desktop, please open Windows File Explorer and go to C > Program Files (x86) > NinjaTrader 8 > bin64 > right click on NinjaTrader.exe > send to > Desktop. This will create a shortcut to the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader on your desktop.

I want to make sure we're talking about 'Volume Profile' and not 'Order Flow Volume Profile'.

'Volume Profile' is a real-time only indicator, so I would expect it to begin to build a 'Volume Profile' from the time that the indicator is applied to your chart. Here is an example of the indicator plotting for a few seconds:

On a daily chart, I would expect the line to be quite small since the range of the chart is much larger:

Comment

Still not even a single line on my daily chart. and yes, I'm talking about the built in Volume Profile indicator

Comment

Do you have real-time data for the instrument you're viewing? Do you see the data on the chart updating in real-time?

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
            • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
            • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
            • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
              • Does anything change if you select a different interval like 5 minute?
            • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

I'm using Kinetick free EOD data
              SPY daily
              I don't have real time data, so I can't configure any TF other than daily
              No errors on screen, no errors on log

Comment

As you can see, Volume Profile is attached to chart but no display at all
                Attached Files

Comment

Volume Profile is a real-time only indicator. I would not expect this indicator to function with access to historical data only.

Comment

I changed to 5 min chart, realtime data from my broker (IB).
                    Same problem
                    Attached Files

Comment

I suspect you're still not receiving real-time data. If you were receiving real-time data, the indicator would be plotting on your charts.

Can you confirm that you're enabled for real-time data for SPY (not delayed or historical only) with your subscription through Interactive Bro

Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

I reloaded the indicator and now I can see the plots
                        Could you refer me to a link that explains the use/setup of this indicator?

Comment

We do not have any additional documentation about this specific indicator other than it's description within the platform which is: "Plots a horizontal histogram of volume by price"

I suspect your Interactive Brokers data is not live which is causing the root issue.

Comment

Having same issue.. Using Ninja Continuum.. I get this little sliver.. default Volume profile settings
                            Attached Files

Comment

So it appears this Volume Profile Indicator only work on the current day.. When I took that snapshot the session was just starting and now it has populated.. I wish it worked on prior sessions as well..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post junkone
                              by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes