Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Machine IDīs on Bootcamp and Parallels

Hello,
    Is there a way to get the same machine ID for NT on a Mac with Parallels and Bootcamp?
    Is it only possible with the Paralles Desktop Pro Edition?
    I think both need to have the same number of RAM and CPU core.
    What else is needed to get the same machine ID?
    At the moment NT is asking for the license number, if I switch between Bootcamp and Parallels.
    On Paralles I only have 8 GB Ram and on Bootcamp it is 40 GB RAM (because of the Parallels Desktop Home Edition).
    Is the Pro Edition the solution?

Thank you.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

I suspect that at some fundamental level these virtual machines are different, therefore NinjaTrader will generate a unique machine ID for them.

Comment

thanks Patrick, but I donīt want to manually change my machine ID.
      I am asking for any experience, how bootcamp and parallels generate the same machine ID.
      Maybe somebody else got this issue too and has a solution for that.
      While ago, I read a post of a NT Customer Service member, where he wrote that you need a "properly configuration" of bootcamp and parallels.
      Unfortunately, this was not explained in detail.

My guess is the Pro Edition of Paralles Desktop 14, but I want to be sure before I do an upgrade to this.

Comment

We do not have any internal documentation about how Bootcamp and Parallels would affect the machine ID on the same PC.

NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 are Windows applications which rely on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System and DOES NOT run on the Mac Operating System.

While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.

We have specific installation instructions for Parallels and VMWare Fusion which will allow you to run NinjaTrader on your Mac. Below you will find instructions specific to the available options of running NinjaTrader on a Mac computer with the virtualization tools. Please note that Windows is sold separately from BootCamp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
        1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
        2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
        3. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
        4. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
        5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
        1. Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
        2. Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
        3. Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
        4. Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
        5. Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Apple Boot Camp:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running Apple Boot Camp, there are no special instructions needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes